𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

The winding road the traveling party was taking was rough and strenuous, many stops having to be taken due to the animals growing tired fast. But however short and brief they were, they were a necessity. (Y/N) rode next to Adrian, most of the chatter being behind them since he lead the procession through.

"(L/N)," he said after an hour into the trip.

"Yes?" She turned, her eyes only flicking down when Legend snorted and bucked his head a few times to get rid of the annoying presence of flies, her horse doing the same not even a moment later. "What can I assist you with, Your Highness?"

"I want to share a theory of mine with you," he explained, shifting his eyes around the wooded terrain. "However, before I do, do you remember what I told you right before we left?"

"Of course, sir."

"Then, please, do not address me as 'Your Highness' when it is just us speaking one on one."

"Then what would you like to me to say?"

"Just Prince Adrian is fine," he sighed, whipping his head to the right when the faint sound of rustling coming from a few nearby bushes caught his attention, the cause of the sound turning out to be only a few rabbits that quickly scurried away when seeing them approach. "Now, what I wish to discuss with you is merely a theory as I've said, no pliable evidence at all to back it up."

The girl next to him could only feel her nerves increase as he continued to speak.

He seems almost... reluctant to tell me.

Hm...

I find that strange due to how... strong-willed he is, I guess.

"Of course, please do go on."

"I believe... that this attack wasn't directed from an outside source, rather more from an inside one," he stated, his sharp gaze then meeting hers. "We have a traitor amongst one of us."

"What?" She blinked, clearly confused as to how he came up with such a theory. "And... why do you think that?"

"Honestly, how would those who attacked us be able to get in unless someone helped them, hm?" He tilted his head, giving her a pointed look. "With how strict security is? How would they have known where the King was since checking on how the building of my sister's library was out of the ordinary? Not aligned with his schedule? When all of us were out there?"

"Couldn't that have just been a coincidence?"

"Maybe... but something about it all seems too... contrived."

"Wait... why are you telling me this?" She questioned, puzzled. "Wouldn't this be more convenient to tell Advisor Oman?"

"Yes, I've already told him," he stated, turning back to face the road in front of him. "However, seeing as how you'll be my personal attendant and guard... I had a feeling you should know these important details as it relates to my safety."