𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Soon enough, the sun was sinking below the clouds as (Y/N) and Adrian continued scouting out the area around the camp, the sky painted in an abundance of blues and purples, a couple of stars even littering the canvas and giving it specks of light. Taking that as their cue to head back, they did, finding almost everyone sitting by a fire and eating a meal of scavenged food and provisions.

    Basile and a few others like Captain Gen, however, were standing off to the side, not taking part in the festivities at all.

    (Y/N) then met Basile's eyes.

    "Your Highness," he greeted as both she and Adrian walked further into the clearing. "I didn't expect you to be gone so long. Does that mean you ran into... unnecessaries?"

"Thankfully, no," Adrian answered.

"Excellent."

"Yes, now, before I forget—(L/N), please prepare my meal together before you have yours," the Prince requested of her to which she nodded. "Thank you. And, Basile? While he's doing that, I think it best if we speak more on my theory..."

Already knowing that Adrian was going to talk more with Basile about his traitor-theory, (Y/N) returned back to her shared tent with the Prince to prep his food. Locking gazes with Claude who was laughing and eating well with those around him by the fire, she gave him a brief smile and nod in acknowledgment which he returned, she then focusing back on her task at hand. Lifting the flap of the tent, she took out the already heated personal reserve of food to set it on a silver tray, then filling a glass with wine, the red liquid looking like blood in the soft candlelight.

Setting her hands on her hips, she tilted her head as she observed the food.

I think that should be it.

Since he didn't ask me to bring him his food, along with the fact that his conversation with Basile looks private, I beat just leave it alone.

Giving a small shrug, (Y/N) made herself a bowl of the rich and delicious stew the rest of the team was having before devouring it down quickly, the utensils and the like easily licked clean. Cleaning up her mess, she cautiously crept away to clean herself hastily—which she did so without detection—before letting out a yawn from how tired she was. Crawling onto a mat made of hide before throwing a comfortable fur over herself, she immediately fell into a deep slumber.

As she slept, she wasn't alerted when Adrian returned, his features flashing with surprise when seeing her already out. Crouching down beside her, he merely stared at her for a moment.

He chuckled at her sleeping form

It seems he's even comfortable sleeping near a Prince of all people.