1.

My first chapter is dedicated to @Astavinayak for encouraging me and being the first person to show love to my story.. a big shout out to you ,Thank you so much ..

Juliette

Fire's a beautiful thing. I've never really thought about that before. Everyone always concentrates on the heat, the yellow burning flames, but no one ever really talks about how beautiful those burning flames are.

It's all I can see right now. All I can do is watch as my place of work is engulfed by the yellow, burning flames.

Julie! Move the fuck away!" one of my coworkers yells. Before I can blink, I'm flying to the ground, just as there's a small blast and a bright light of fire whooshes past my side.

If I had stood still, I would have been meat kebab.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Perry yells in my face. He helps me up and wipes some soot off my face, all the while guiding me away from the burning building.

Perry's a middle-aged man with dark brown hair and kind gray eyes. He's a sous chef at our restaurant- he was a sous chef at our restaurant.

I try to take a deep, calming breath.

"There goes our place of work," I say on a shaky laugh.

This situation is anything but funny. Perry peers at me like I'm some kind of weird alien he can't understand.

"Are you okay?" he asks softly.

"I think I'm in shock," I tell him, slowly lowering myself to the sidewalk. I sit down and pull my legs to my chest.

"Well, snap out of it," Perry says.

I look up at him and blink. He continues speaking.

"You need to get up and call Rell. Tell him his restaurant is up in flames- if he doesn't know already. I'm going to find out what's taking the firefighters so damn long! The fire could spread to other buildings."

I look up at the three-story building that's still burning. Rell's place, once a top restaurant in the city of Richmond, now reduced to flames. Tears well up in my eyes. One minute, I was in the dining area of the restaurant, getting ready to leave for the day. Then, Perry comes charging over and starts pushing me out of the building. Before I can blink, the fire alarm's blaring, we're outside, and I'm being shoved to the ground.

"How did this even happen?" I murmur.

I hadn't been expecting an answer but Perry speaks up from beside me. "Gas leak. Some people from the gas company came over to visit earlier today. They told Rell and I happened to overhear it. But you know how Rell is."

I turn to him, "Yes! I do know how Rell is. He probably ignored it. Laughed it off, refused to close down, didn't warn his employees." My teeth clench. "You could have said something, Perry. But you didn't, and now, it's all gone," I say icily.

Perry sighs. "I didn't know this would happen."

Just then, a yellow truck comes charging down the street, siren blaring and red lights flashing. Four men jump down from the back and immediately get to work on putting out the fire.

One of them approaches us. "Is anyone hurt?"

We shake our heads.

"We're fine. The both of us were the only two people left in the building," Perry replies.

He nods. "Alright, do you know where the fire started at?"

"Yeah, in the kitchen. There must have been a faulty fuse somewhere. I heard a spark and before I knew it, a part of the kitchen was on fire."