3.

Juliette

Istare, flabbergasted, at the man who's munching on chips like some teenager. This whole interaction is bizarre. But what's even more bizarre is the man standing in front of me, staring at me like gum under his shoe.

Alexander Callahan. The first time I saw him was on the front of a magazine cover. And it wasn't just him. It was his entire family. Him, his wife, and his twin children, a little boy and girl. They were all wearing red sweater vests and they looked happy, content with bright smiles. I remember thinking that he was so lucky. He had it all, money, success, and a wonderful family. Until his wife died, and I literally saw his life collapse.

There wasn't a lot of information online about how she died. All I know is that after she did, Mr. Callahan was never the same. His smile was practically non-existent in the few new articles and blogs I managed to find on him. And he seemed like a man with the entire world on his shoulders. Heartbroken, which is understandable considering his wife passed away.

I've had a sort of fascination with him ever since. What could possibly return this man's happiness? How did his wife die? And was her death so traumatizing that it shifted the axis of his entire family? Safe to say I've always been curious. And it doesn't hurt that Mr. Callahan is one of the most good-looking men I've ever come across.

Well? Have you suddenly gone mute?" He questions irritated. His dark brown eyes, which I used to think were so intriguing, are staring at me with barely disguised disgust.

During all my years of fascination, I never would have guessed he was such a rude asshole.

"Excuse me?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. I do not take shit from anybody, billionaire or not.

"I asked-"

"Mr. Callahan!" someone yells, running up to us. We both turn to find my best friend, out of breath and clutching her chest. "This is a huge house," Lisabell says, still breathing heavily.

"And you are?"

"I'm Lisabell. The twins' babysitter."

Callahan nods. "Right, I recognize you."

"Yes. And that's my friend. I'm so sorry I brought her with me, but I didn't think any harm would come out of it," she quickly explains.

Callahan looks from me to Lisabell then back to me again.

"You thought wrong," he says.

"Of course, and I deeply apologize. Now, if you'll excuse us, Julie and I will be on our way," Lisabell says, gesturing for me to walk over.

"Julie?" the billionaire asks, staring at me intently.

"Juliette," I correct hastily.

He looks like he wants to say something else but instead moves away and turns to face Lisabell.

Will you be leaving your letter of resignation as you go? Or do I need to fire you?"

Lisabell's eyes widen and I gasp.

"You can't just fire her," I state.

"Watch me," he retorts without even glancing at me.

I can't believe I ever thought he was a good person. Of course he's not. He's a rich arrogant prick who doesn't care about anyone other than himself. I know not all rich people look down on others and think they are above life but Alexander Callahan definitely fits the bill.

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Callahan. I swear I didn't think it would cause this much of an issue."

"You thought wrong. Now, can the both of you leave? It's been a long day," he says dismissively.