v, ❝doing what I can, tryna be a man,❜❜

"juju, im not doin dat." notti shook his head as they walked. "please! i really wanna do it and it's not that hard."julianna complained. "julianna, I'm not picking you up," he sighed. 

"please monkey, I wont ask for anything else." she lied as they continued to walk. "alr, come on befo I change my mind. " he grumbled. "ok!" she smiled as she set up her phone against the bookshelf in the classroom 

"wait, but what if I'm too heavy?" she burst into laughter when she thought about the green hoodie girl. "shut your fatass up so we can get this done and over with," notti scolded her as she sat on the floor ROLLING. 

"wait-- wait," she continued to wheeze before getting up and fixing herself. "are you done?" he asked with a big ass side eye. "yes," she batted her eyelashes. she clicked the little clock on the corner of her phone as the timer counted down.

 she clicked the little clock on the corner of her phone as the timer counted down

"period, all the niggas finna want mee," julianna looked at the video in approval. "girl, shut the fuck up." he mugged before shaking his head. "well, who pissed in your cereal," she said as she busted into laughter. 

"It's not that funny," he mugged her again. "see, niggas dead can't have fun," she muttered. "um, are you following me? I don't recall having this class with you," she turned around to meet his gaze. "what class do you have ?" he wondered aloud. 

"band, but I can't perform at pep rallies sadly, because I have to cheer and then I have track-- didn't ask allat," he hushed her. After a while of silence, it got awkward. "what instrument do you play?" he blurted speaking up. 

"uh, I play the clarinet and the piano." she gushed as they walked further down the long hallway. "do you play any instruments or anything?" she wondered looking away from him. "nah, but I make music," he shook his head. 

"really? me too," she said as they walked into the secluded band room. "can you freestyle?" he asked pointing to the piano. "if you show me your music after," she smirked as they walked over to the piano. 

"I need ideas for the freestyle dipshit, don't just stand there," she laughed "uhh, maybe like personal image or some shit, I don't fuckin know." he spoke as the both laughed in unison. 

she began playing the notes on the piano as the words poured out her mouth.

" I been contemplating, meditating. Should have waited. Should have never dated, you seem irritated..." he listened to her sing, taking in everything she said. 

"was that good enough?" she asked as he stared into her soul. "it was ightt," he shrugged putting on a unbothered look. she didn't mind because he was usually nonchalant towards her. "that's better than nothing I guess, now let me hear your music!" she demanded as he handed her an airpod.

"this is hella good," she said bopping her head to the music. "I know," he replied smugly out of instinct. "well, i gotta go to cheer now. we wasted the whole band period talking so byee," she dragged making him scrunch up his face. 

"nigga it's not bye it's see you later," he shook his head before walking the opposite way as her. he'd lost many people after saying bye, so he just used see you later for people he cared about. it's not that he cared about her he just didn't want anything to happen to her. 

"what's going on with you and julianna?" ddot smirked scaring the shit out of ethan. "nothin mh, whatchu talkin' bout ?" he scratched the back of his head. "cmon, you literally let her call you ethan.. youn let nobody call you ethan except mama osama." ddot side eyed him as they sat in Mr. Horace's classroom. 

him, edot, dd, and ddot sat at they table throwing a waterbottle back and forth until it hit this asian girl. "ow, ow!" she spoke getting louder each time she said ow. 

notti covered his mouth tryna suppress his laugh. "what is it victoria," Mr. Horace sighed as he played with his freeform. "someone throw a wattabottwe at me" she said in her heavy Chinese accent. (YALL IM BLACK AND CHINESE DONT COME FOR ME) "that- that wasn't me!" he said as he cracked a smile

"now, who threw that?" Mr. Horace sighed as his eyes landed on notti making them both burst into laughter. Mr. Horace was in his mid-20s, making him one of the cool teachers, the other cool teacher was Miss. Lovelace, they all knew the two had a liking towards each other and always teased them about it.

"i mean, you want us to go get a icepack a sum'? " ddot said scratching his head. "you can just put the waterbottle on it it's still cold," he said supressing his laughter. *knock knock* two light knocks were heard before opening the door. 

"hii, I'm here to drop off something from miss. lovelace," julianna smiled handing him the sealed box. "what's juju number again?" notti asked making dd smirk. "jus go ask her she right there--" he pointed making notti slap the shit out his hand. 

"stop pointing nigga, what if she say no?" notti complained. "trust, she not." dd shrugged. "if she say no I'm slappin da shit outchu." he said before walking up to her. 

"you got food?" notti asked unlocking his iPhone 14. " damn, no hi or anything?" she tilted her head with a small giggle. "stop talkin hot but hey juju," he smiled as she gave him a side hug. "nigga don't be giving me no side hug--she interrupted him, wrapping her arms around his torso. they didn't have a major height difference, he stood at 5'9, and she was 5'3. he instantly wrapped his arms around her. everyone began awing as they walked past the two embraced together

"you kinda cute, but only kinda," he mumbled. 

"woww, so I'm kinda ugly?" she giggled.

"you smell good," he said ignoring her previous question. he wasn't a major fan of physical touch, but he was drawn to her, she was a major fan of physical touch and liked to hug everyone.

"thank you, I used my yara perfume. its amber vanilla scented and id buy a million of them if I wanted to." She hummed staring into nothing. "can I get ya number?" notti mumbled nervously thinking she was gonna say no. "yea, all my friends have my number!" she smiled typing her number in his phone.

"I'm your friend...?" he asked tilting his head to the side. 

"oh, I mean if you wanna be.." she muttered fiddling with her fingers and cracking them every so often. "you don't have to be-- no no I do want to be your friend," he reassured her as she panicked thinking she was pressuring him to be her friend. 

"oh, here you go." she smiled handing him a bag of hot fries and a caprisun.