Chapter 3 - Hate at First Sight

During the following few hours at Emily's house, we had proceeded to chat over a nice homemade meal. Mike always had a passion for cooking and so allowing him to showcase his talent for us was not a problem.

A little after nine, it was about time for me to go home. After all, Emily's young kids had to sleep quite early and so I bid the family adieu and went home.

"You sure you don't need me to just give you a ride, Sash?" asked Emily. "After all, it is pretty late and it's not exactly safe for a young girl like you to be walking on the streets alone. Some old perverse guy might just try to be funny, Sash."

I waved a hand at her and walked towards the door. "Em, sadly I'm old enough to be considered an old lady in babies' eyes. Thanks for your concern but you don't have to worry at all, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure, Sasha? Honey, maybe you should send her home," said a concerned Mike.

"Oh c'mon Mike, not you too! I'll be fine alright, bye you two." I stepped onto the pebbled pavement and turned my head around to face the two. Giving them a big smile, I waved back at them cheerily. "And thanks for dinner!"

"You're welcome to come back anytime, Sasha! Goodbye, and call us when you get home, okay?"

"Mike, please don't act like my mother. I'll be off now, goodnight!"

As Emily shut the door, I walked down the path to the bus stop ahead of me. I sat myself on one of the benches as I awaited the bus. There weren't many people at the bus stop as well, just a few office workers like myself who wanted to go home and some others who looked like they were just looking forward to getting laid.

A blurry red figure approached my view and before long, I was up on a bus. I tapped my card on the beeping machine and stepped further into the bus, looking for an empty seat. I squeezed my way through the sea of people and finally managed to attain a window seat near the rear end of the bus.

Sitting myself at the window seat, I placed my purse on my lap. The other passengers roamed around in the bus before settling on a seat or standing by the sides.

I heard a loud thump and whipped my head to the side on instinct. A blond-haired man, who looked about my age, had sat right down next to me.

I shifted my body a little bit more to the window, disturbed by how this guy was sitting so closely next to me. As I moved my right, his heavy body followed and seemed to be leaning onto me for support. Frowning, I pushed his big head to the left, clearly annoyed with this creature.

He stayed at that position for a while, where he was further away from me. I smiled contently before residing at my side of the seat.

Suddenly, the bus jerked forward. And instantly, his head was leaning against my neck.

"Can't you move?" I hissed loudly into his ear.

No reply.

I turned my neck as my eyes glared angrily at his face. To my dismay, he was fast asleep. Soft snores emanated from his mouth as his eyes lay tightly shut. What a mutt.

Sighing heavily, I laid back into my seat and stared out of the window. As the air conditioner blew at me, my eyelids drooped slowly. The last thing I felt was my head tilting to lie on a soft pile of hay or hair. It wasn't before long before I fell asleep.

~~~

"Missy, could you please take your boyfriend and get out of my bus?"

I yawned as I slowly opened my eyes. Rubbing my eyes sleepily, I pushed myself up from my seat. It was then I noticed the presence of a big and hairy man in front of me.