Chapter 7 - Harsh.

Chapter 7 - Harsh.

"You did what?!" was the first thing I heard the next morning at work.

"No, Sasha no. Don't ignore me now," said Emily as she grabbed my hand and dragged me to my table so that I could sit on a chair. Begrudgingly, I sat and looked expectantly at her.

"What?"

"So you just left him there staring at you in complete confusion after you kissed him on the cheek?" Her expression was one of disbelief.

"Well yes."

"Why did you do that? I mean, what did he even do to you?" she asked, confused.

"Oh he made a big mistake. He pissed me off by taking that... that tiniest attraction I had felt to him at that moment as a joke. He just fell onto me all of a sudden, and then he laughed at me! He laughed at me, Em! Do you feel my pain?" I gestured wildly with both of my hands while talking to her in the most animated way I could so that she would be able to understand how I was feeling.

She shot me a blank look, before going for her thinking pose. After a minute or two, she shrugged her shoulders and put her hands up in mock surrender. "Fine, you got me. Sash, you're such a badass."

I smiled widely at her. "I know."

"I still think that you sort of overreacted though. What are you going to do if you see him again?" she asked.

"Demand for the return of my blouse," I nonchalantly answered.

There was a short pause until Emily gasped in pure horror, pointing her index finger at me incredulously." He banged you?!"

And on with the same thing again. "Oh my goodness, Em. Of course we didn't do that. Remember that day after I left your house alone?"

"Yup."

"Well, I boarded a bus and we met there. He drooled on my shirt, he gave me his and he told me that he would wash mine."

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked after I had said my piece.

"Sorry, Em. The next day after that was the first day that I had ever come late for work. So, I naturally forgot to tell you about it since I was so worked up over coming late for work."

I gave her a sheepish expression and walked to the coffee making machine. Taking a cup of latte, I passed it to her. "Am I forgiven?"

She pretended to think about it for a while, though I knew what her answer would already be. "Yeah, of course. Just remember to always tell me stuff, okay?"

"Yes sir!" I saluted.

"Now c'mon. I need to pretend to work lest Robbie sees me and threatens to fire me again. You should go to your desk too, I think you've got an appointment soon."

We walked back to our individual desks. I sat on my chair and pulled a little diary out which contained all the important appointments and dates my clients had made with me. True enough, one of my clients was supposed to be coming in five minutes. And again, it also happened to be a new client of mine - one whom I had never met before in fact. If I could recall correctly, she was a client that Robbie had assigned to me a few days ago.

My ears detected the sound that was emanating from the reception desk. Stepping out of my office, I made my way to the source of the noise. The scene I witnessed was of an old couple fighting.

"I don't care, I want a divorce!"

The elderly lady grasped her husband's arm and looked at him with pain written across her face.