Chapter 14 - Is this the truth?

"Are we really doing this?" asked Emily.

"Yes," I replied her as I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail.

"In that case, take the wheel."

Immediately, Emily yawned and peeled her hands away from the steering wheel. The car swayed sharply from side to side as she tried to move to my side of the car instead.

I painstakingly placed one hand on the wheel and the other to hold up my ponytail whilst Emily tried to push me to the driver's seat. I sighed and blew a puff of air out. This was so typical of her reckless self.

"Can you at least look at the map properly?" I asked her as I strapped myself on the driver's seat. I had never even heard of such a restaurant and had only managed to google its address and pray that we were heading in the right direction.

"Why don't we just use this car's GPS?" asked Emily.

"There's no way that this car would have a GPS so just look at the map and find the coordinates of that place, it shouldn't be that..." I spoke.

"Please turn left in the next 800 meters."

"Who was that?" It was an unfamiliar voice that sounded a little robotic.

"That would be the GPS," smiled Emily.

I drove in silence for I was a little ashamed of myself. Just a little. Apparently, there was a GPS in my own car and if it wasn't for Emily, I would've never known that.

"You have reached your destination."

"Turn off that creepy person's voice for me," I told Emily as I parked the car.

She laughed as she switched off the navigation system. "Tsk Sasha. To think that you're such an amazing lawyer and yet you can't even handle a simple GPS on your own. Shame on you, lawyer."

I made a face at her and took our disguises out. Throwing a black bag at her, I motioned her to enter the restaurant.

It was then I realized that I knew this place. It was the restaurant that Orlando had dragged me into the first day we met one another in the bus. I remember him saying that it belonged to him and that was why we could enter at such a late time. We had entered this place at night though and since Emily and I were now in front of the restaurant in the bright daylight, I had failed to recognize it.

"You know this place?" asked Emily, seeing that I was in a slight daze.

"Yea."

Sneaking into the restaurant unnoticed was an easy task for us because it was really crowded with throngs of people patronizing the food. Emily and I had managed to slip in and dash towards the toilets. We put on our disguises in the thankfully empty toilet and as we emerged, I must say that I was quite satisfied with the results. I had prepared our costumes for the day I was quite confident that Orlando wouldn't be able to recognize us in our suits.

A fresh wave of air blew past me and I smiled, basking in the glory that was my new head of hair. I felt like a new woman.

We were dressed up as old women!

"Of all things, your brilliant idea was to give me a head of white hair and a walking stick?" Emily whispered to me.

I nodded in response. It was so perfect – the crutch, the white hair, the flowery clothing and the round-frame glasses.

"All that you need to do is hunch over a little bit," I said as I slapped her back, causing her to lunge her upper torso forward.

"I'm so ready for this, Sash. I feel like Betty White ready to pounce on anything that comes her way. My inner Sasha Fierce is already starting to unveil herself."