Chapter 13 - Unwelcome Guests

I opened the door to my apartment and once I was in, I immediately took off the heels on my feet which had been killing me throughout the day.

The only reason why I had bought those shoes was because they were pretty, extremely pretty. And, they made my legs look nice too. Other than that though, the pair of shoes sucked the life out of my feet.

Trudging my way to the toilet, I took off my clothes and washed my face. Since I had time to spare today, I made myself a warm bath in the bathtub with plenty of soap bubbles that floated above the inviting warm water. Immersing myself in the water, I closed my eyes and inhaled the aromatic scent of rose from the soap.

A few minutes later though, I was rudely interrupted by loud knocking on the door.

"Sasha! Sasha! Sasha! Open up!"

The familiar voice reverberated through the hallway and I opened my eyes, shocked.

"You know the passcode to open the door! Let yourself in!" I yelled back.

"Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder!"

I heard a few clicks and then, the door opened.

"I'm in the bathroom!"

Running into my bathroom was Emily with a duffle bag in arm. She dropped the bag onto the floor and fell along with the bag into a heap. Tears were suddenly spilling from her eyes like an incessantly flowing waterfall.

"Mike and I had a big fight so I'm sleeping her tonight!" She choked out, amidst her loud sobbing.

I wanted to comfort her and give her a hug so I got up slightly and tried to get closer to her.

"I don't want to see your boobs!"

It suddenly dawned upon me that I was naked.

I quickly changed my plan and wrapped myself with a bath robe that was hanging on a rack above me.

Stepping out of the bathtub, I crouched down on the floor next to Emily and gave her a hug, running her back to soothe her crying.

"C'mon Em, let's head to the kitchen and have some ice cream."

Her eyes sparked in delight as I mentioned the delicious dessert.

"Mint chocolate chip?" she asked.

I nodded at her and watched as the tears seemed to dissolve into thin air.

"This is what I like about you, Sasha. You always know what I want and what I need at the right time, unlike that stupid husband I have who is such a pain in the ass!" she furiously ranted.

Walking to the fridge, I took out a pint of ice cream from the freezer and opened the tub. Seeing that there wasn't much ice cream left, I took a big spoon and dug out everything in the tub into a bowl.

"Mike's a sweet guy, Em. You're lucky to have a husband like him who cares about you and the kids so much," I drawled, passing her the bowl of ice cream.

She dug into the heavenly treat and stabbed the spoon into her mouth. With her mouth still filled with ice cream, she said, "he's the one that's lucky to have a perfect wife like me."

I smirked. That was typical of Emily.

"What was the whole fight about anyway?" I asked as I poured myself a glass of water.

"Sash, it's our eighth year anniversary today, ever since we had gotten married. He completely forgot about it and that obviously angered me. When I scolded him for forgetting such an important date, he retorted by calling me overly sensitive for picking a fight with him just because he had forgotten this one time."