BECOMING HUMAN

By Ilyssa Goldsmith

The title for Becoming Human came instantly to me. After I wrote the prologue, it seemed like there couldn't be any other title. It was simple, but as I wrote more, I found out that it held more significant meaning to the story than I thought. Here is the paragraph where I found out the connection between the title and the story.

How morbid a fate is mine, I linger above those who spent their lives as humans and died breathing because their heart simply stopped. I ponder how it feels to be loved. When the snow flurries down upon my back, I do not stir. I can't even feel the chill upon my face. Winds howl, and tear down trees whose skin is as strong as bark, yet I still remain.

I think what I've learned is that a simple title can represent something more than a physical change, but a spiritual and an emotional change as well. At the base, this title represents the steady theme about humanity and what it means to be human recurring throughout my novel.

A/N: If you like the title, please click the star! I'm already captivated by the premise and emotion in BECOMING HUMAN and have added the story to my Reading List. Be sure to head to the author profile in the dedication and check it out.