02: Jealous much? (part one)

(Y/n)'s POV

Ugh. That's the only word that could describe what you were feeling right now. Just, ugh.

Your best friend, the one and only Nico di Angelo has once again, left Camp Half Blood for Zeus knows how long. Everytime he left, you had nothing to do except eat, train, and sleep. This happened a lot, considering he was always in-and-out of camp.

At the moment, you were sprawled out on your bed during freetime. You had your head buried in your pillow. To anyone who saw you, you looked like a mopey mess.

"(Y/n)! You need to stop doing this everytime Nico leaves! You are a strong, independant demigod who don't need no man," your close friend, Piper exclaimed. You turned your head to look at her.

"He's not my 'man', he's my best friend. Gods, get it right for once," you replied and rolled your eyes.

"(Y/n), Piper's right. Get off your butt and be social for once. Make friends, go on a date, anything!" Chris (your half-brother) called out from across the cabin.

Piper pulled you up and dragged you towards the door. "What are you doing?" You whined.

Chris opened the door and pushed you out of it. "Go and make friends. And you can't come back to this cabin until you do," he told to and swiftly slammed the door shut and locked it.

Welp, you thought, I am now homeless.

How am I supposed to make new friends? Like how does socializing work? What if I pay someone to pretend to be my friend? Nah, that can be plan B.

You sighed and said to no one in particular, "Here goes nothing," and searched Camp Half Blood to find any potential best friends for you.

You walked into the ampitheater and saw tons of campers. Hmm which one seems the most approachable? You spotted a guy from the Hecate cabin who was reading what looked like a book of spells. He looked slightly geeky, which made him kinda cute. He had blocky glasses and a slight quiff in his dark hair. You jogged up to him. "Hey, you! Be my friend!"

His head snapped up and he looked at you. He looked left and right. "Uh, me?" He questioned.

"Yeah um, sorry, that was kind of weird. I'm not really good at this whole 'making friends' thing," You pulled a strand of hair behind your ear, shyly.
He laughed. "I feel ya," he nodded. You smiled.

"So uh, what are you reading?" You asked.

"Just a book of spells that my mom, Hecate, gave me for a quest I went on a while ago. I'm trying to learn some before the next game of Capture the Flag."

"Wow, I'm glad that my cabin and the Hecate cabin formed an alliance. Can I watch you try out some of your spells?"

He smiled and blushed. "Sure."

And that, was the start of a beautiful friendship.

-One week later-

Nico still hasn't come back to Camp Half Blood, and you and the son of Hecate (who you later learned was named, Alabaster) have become best friends. He wasn't as close to you as Nico, of course.

Currently, you and Alabaster were sitting in the grass together with your backs leaning against Zeus' Fist.

"So when are you going to tell Nico about your crush on him?" Alabaster burst out, breaking the silence.

"Dude, shut up, someone might hear you," you whisper-shouted.

He shrugged. "You gotta tell him sometime."

You sighed. "I can't and you know that."

"Yeah, yeah. You're scared he might not feel the same way and all that jazz," he grumbled.

You both went back to your peaceful silence and watched as the younger campers and satyrs played tag with the nymphs.

"I got it!" Alabaster cried.

He grabbed your shoulders and shook you violently.

"Jeez, what do you want from me, woman!?" You shouted while he continued to shake you.

"I know how to find out if Nico likes you back or not!" He said excitedly. "Seriously? That's why you went all crazy and almost gave me whiplash?" You yelped.

"Don't act like you're not thrilled!" he exclaimed.

"Okay, okay fine. Anyway, what's your idea?" You grinned.

"We make Nico di Angelo, Nico di Anjealous."
___________________________________________________

Ooooh things are gettin' spicy. Part 2 is coming soon. Stay tuned for more ;) -latersatyr