26: Like a Couple

You walked hand in hand with your best friend Nico through Central Park.

Leo trailed behind you two, making a tiny Festus out of pipe cleaners.

Nico started swinging your hands back and forth unconsciously.

Leo looked up from his pipe cleaners occasionally to make sure he wouldn't run into anyone like he did a few minutes ago. Boy, was that man in the bra mad.

Leo glanced up once more and his eyes immediately darted to your intertwined hands with Nico.

His mouth slowly turned into a smirk. "You guys..." He said slyly and wiggled his eyebrows.

The two of you turned around. "Yeah?" Nico asked.

Leo gestured to your hands.

You blushed and immediately let go, not realizing it until now.

Nico frowned.

"No, no. Carry on. If you wanna keep looking like a couple, proceed," Leo said, lifting his hands up in surrender.

You rolled your eyes as Leo continued walking, this time in front of you two.

Nico laced his finger back in your hand.

You glanced down and then looked up at him questioningly.

"Just ignore him, (Y/n)," Nico whispered.

"But he said we look like a couple," you whispered back.

He shrugged. "So what? I'd be happy to be in a couple with you."

You smiled warmly at him.

You and Nico eventually caught up with Leo and continued to stroll through Central Park.

Meanwhile, an old woman sat at a park bench a few feet away, watching you two swing your hands back and forth happily. She smiled to herself. "What an adorable couple."