36: Always (pt.2)

Previously, on "After All This Time". . .

The last thing I saw before I passed out was a group of teenagers gathered around me.

A familiar face stood out among the rest.

He crouched down and looked into my half-open eyes with worry.

"You're alive," Nico whispered in awe.

~~~

"Sure am," I replied weakly, then blacked out.

The next few days were hard to describe.

I slipped in and out of consciousness, catching glimpses of my surroundings.

When I woke up completely, I realized I was on a bed in a small cabin-like infirmary.

I shifted and made a move to get up, but my hand was being held by someone who was asleep in a chair next to my bed.

It was Nico di Angelo.

He was almost unrecognizable. His olive skin was now pale. His cropped hair was now long and shaggy. His clothes were all black.

He must've had an equally rough past few years.

"Nico," I whispered, softly nudging him.

He slowly opened his eyes. Once he saw me, he snapped his head up and stood.

Nico reached out to me and engulfed me in a hug. He held me like it was the last time he would ever see me.

"I can't believe you're here," he said happily, pulling away to meet my eyes.

I stayed silent, not meeting his eyes.

He looked at me worriedly and put his hands on my shoulders, "What's wrong?"

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "You left me."

His face fell. "(Y/n). . ."

"You left me in the Lotus Casino. I cried for hours after you and Bianca disappeared. I-I thought you were gone forever," I sobbed, remembering the heartache, not that it ever left.

He held me tight. He whispered 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

We held each other for Zeus-knows-how long.

"I would've stayed with you forever in the Lotus Casino. Things were so much better back then. But we're demigods. Nothing gets better for us. At least, that's what I thought before we found you at the camp borders."

He continued on, "You see, the fury Alecto took Bianca and I that day that you thought we disappeared. We went to school and stuff like normal kids, then a monster attacked us. We were rescued by other demigods and a satyr. My father, Hades, wanted us to be a part of some prophecy. But Bianca joined Artemis' Hunters and died before then."

I couldn't speak. "Bianca? No. . ."

I was close to tears again. Jeez, (Y/n), I know you're emotional right now but keep it together, I thought to myself.

Nico nodded. "I know, it was hard for me too. You should've seen me. I was a wreck, raising the dead and stuff. I was a mess."

I almost cracked a smile if it weren't for Bianca's death being announced to me just now.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you, I would never hurt you. Please forgive me, (Y/n)," He said softly, eyebrows scrunched in guilt.

I took his hand in mine, tracing circles on his pale skin.

"Never leave me again," I sniffled.

He nodded and gave a half smile.

"Never," he promised, "I love you way too much."

"After all this time?"

"Always."

________________

Wow I am extremely clichè.

Anyway.

A while ago I asked you guys about your tragic backstory, your crush, and random little things like that. A lot of you answered with crush stories that made me smile.

Care to hear about my lameness regarding crushes?

So we were studying for an English test and we had to know the definitions for certain words.

We were using an app that had flashcards and stuff.

Crush: Why does it keep asking me for the definition of 'modest' (definition: humble, reserved, unexaggerated)

Me: Maybe it's trying to tell you something