41: Flower Fluff

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" You heard a young, squeaky voice from behind you and Nico.

As you turned around, you felt a tug at your pant leg.

"(Sibling name)!" You greeted, ruffling the short child's hair.

Bending down to meet their eye level, you asked, "Did you do anything fun today, (S/n)?"

"Uh-huh!" They replied, nodding happily, "Ellie and Harley played with me, but they had to do sword fighting," The smile faltered from their face when mentioning that detail.

"Aw, do you wanna hang with us, Squirt?" You pouted sympathetically.

(S/n)'s face lit up again. "Yeah! Come on," they said, pulling your arm,"I found a cool spot in the forest yesterday!"

Nico chuckled at (S/n)'s excitement.

(S/n) took hold of Nico's hand, and pulled you two towards the border of the forest, and continued on until they reached a small grove, concealed by a willow tree, and a small stream.

"Woah! How'd you find this place (S/n)?"

"Don't know, I was playing hide-and-seek one time with Harley, and I saw this!" (S/n) grinned proudly.

"Tag, you're it!" (S/n) yelled tapping you then running away.

You laughed and yelled back, "Hey, no fair!"

You reached out to tag Nico, but he shadow-traveled away using the shadows of the tree he was under.

Nico re-appeared next to (S/n), crouched down, and said something that you couldn't hear.

(S/n) giggled and hopped on Nico's back. Nico ran carefully, making sure (S/n) wouldn't fall.

You had to admit, it was a pretty adorable sight.

Nico ran a bit faster, catching up to you, and as soon as you were about to tag him, Nico shadow traveled to Zeus knows where.

"Aw, where'd you guys go," you said, mostly to yourself, wandering in search of both of them.

"Boo."

You flinched, and jumped back, only to notice Nico and (S/n) right beside you.

You pouted, "Not cool."

Nico noticed that you were feeling a bit left out. He pointed at a patch of flowers. "Hey, (S/n), wanna go pick some flowers instead? I'm a little tired from shadow-traveling."

"Okay!" (S/n) ran to the patch of flowers.

Nico smiled warmly at you and took your hand in his.

A few moments later, (S/n) came back, holding both hands behind their back.

"Whatcha got there, (S/n)?" Nico asked.

(S/n) revealed her left hand, keeping her right hand behind her.

They held a small hand-picked bouquet of daisies.

"For me?" Nico questioned.

"No!"

Nico looked slightly offended.

"You gotta give 'em to (Y/n)," (S/n) whispered not-so-quietly.

Nico took them and handed them to you with a shy smile.

"These are for you, m'lady," he said in a fake old-timey British accent.

"Why thank you, kind sir," you said, matching his accent.

(S/n) revealed what was in their other hand: a flower crown. "This one's for you, Neeks."

"Thank you, (S/n)," he replied kindly.

Nico bent down, and (S/n) placed it on his head.

(S/n) placed it slightly off center, and poked Nico's nose. "Boop!"

Nico 'booped' (S/n)'s nose back, and turned to kiss you lightly on the nose. "Boop," he whispered, smiling.

________________________

Created by Hey_Persassy and I. We collaborated on this one and I think it turned out pretty bomb if you ask me. @Hey_Persassy is also posting this on their Nico x Reader book, but with a bonus ending! So go check that out :)

-latersatyr