20: Charmspeak (part one)

"Run!" Alabaster shouted, dodging another blast of fire that came from behind us.

"I am running!" You yelled back.

"Run better!" He yelled, picking up the pace.

The two of you were on a quest to go get a new demigod. Well, it wasn't really a quest, because there was no prophecy from the Oracle. And the only reason why you and Alabaster had to get the demigod is because it was punishment for helping the Stoll brothers prank Percy and ended up getting all the blame. Oh and one more thing, the demigod lived literally 2 miles from camp.

I mean seriously, can't they get a satyr to do it or something?

You dodged another blast of fire. The hydra was gaining on you two.

"We're almost at his school!" Alabaster called, running beside you.

"But if we don't get rid of the hydra, it's gonna attack the school, idiot!" You replied.

"So? It's not like we're getting paid to do this!"

Everything you ever learned about hydras flashed through your mind.

You gasped, "Fire! Hercules killed the hydra with fire!"

"Well how the frick are we gonna get fire!? We're in the middle of the streets of New York!" He panted, getting tired from running.

"Fine, we're gonna just have to get in and out quickly before it burns down the school," you dodged another fireball,"Oh dear gods I think I'm gonna pass out, I hate running!"

"We're here!"

The school looked calm, kind of like the calm before a storm. You stopped at the doors.

"You go get the demigod, I'l hold back the hydra," you said to Alabaster.

"Wait but-" he objected, but you cut him off.

"If I die, make sure I get a bigger tombstone than Nico," you said.

Alabaster nodded and ran inside the school.

The hydra landed right in front of you and screeched.

You gulped. "I'm gonna die."

~~~~~

The way back to camp was a lot easier. You were able to turn the hydra to dust by stabbing it in the heart instead of using fire.

You learned that the new demigod's name was Joey. He was really confused at first, but was totally calm about the whole 'Greek myths are actually real' thing.

As of now, you, Alabaster, and Joey were walking on the dirt road back to Camp Half-Blood.

Joey was kind of staring at you a lot. It creeped you out a little.

He and Alabaster were talking quietly, almost as if they didn't want you to hear them.

~Alabaster's POV~

Joey nudged me and whispered quietly. "Hey so, that (Y/n) girl. Is she free?"

My eyebrows shot up. "Woah what?" I whisper-yelled, "You like (Y/n)?"

"I mean yeah, she's kinda hot."

"Dude. Ew."

"So she isn't seeing anyone?" He asked.

I pondered for a minute and pushed up my glasses.

"Well, I mean there is this one guy I think she likes..." I said, thinking of Nico.

"But they aren't like a thing, right?" He pushed.

"Um, I guess not," I winced.

Joey nodded with a smirk. "That's all you needed to say."

~~~~~

The three were back at camp. Joey was claimed as a son of Aphrodite. (Y/n) and Alabaster were talking with all of their friends, Percy, Jason, Hazel, Annabeth, Leo, Frank, Piper, and Nico about their quest.

"And when, I ran out the school with Joey, I found (Y/n) with a huge smile on her face next to the dead hydra dust. Some of her hair was on fire, too," Alabaster laughed.

(Y/n) laughed. "Yeah, and then-"

"Hey, babe,"Joey sat next to (Y/n) and put an arm around her.

She smiled and leaned against his shoulder.

Everyone at the table had their eyes wide open. Nico's fists clenched.

Leo was the first to speak up, "Uh, did I miss something?"

Joey smirked, "Me and (Y/n) are dating."

Annabeth coughed. "(Y/n) and I," she corrected.

Nico's face fell and his fists unclenched. He left the table without a word. Hazel left to go after him, and Frank went with her.

Something suspicious is going on here, Piper thought.

Later that night, everyone minus (Y/n) and Joey, gathered at Nico's cabin, where he was currently buried under his bed covers, close to tears.

"I don't get it, (Y/n) made it pretty clear to me earlier that Joey creeped her out and that she would never like someone like him," Alabaster said.

"Well it didn't look like that today at dinner," Leo responded.

"Maybe she changed her mind," Jason suggested.

"Well those are some major mood swings then," Percy inputted.

Leo patted Nico's back, "Nico, don't cry, it's not punk rock." Nico then slapped his hand away.

"Guys, isn't it obvious? That wasn't (Y/n) at all," Piper said.

"What do you mean?" Frank asked.

"Joey is a son of Aphrodite."

"Yeah, so?" Percy said.

Piper facepalmed. "Joey used charmspeak on (Y/n)."

__________________________

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED? IS THIS WHAT YOU SICK, TWISTED PEOPLE WANTED? YEAH I KNOW YOU LOVE ME.

Okay I'll stop yelling now. Credit to Dream-Gal  for making all of this possible by giving me the idea for this. Go follow her 'cause like why not?

See you guys in Part 2 ;)

-latersatyr