Chapter 8

*Janice Pov*

"Bhai! What a surprise." I said, lifting his call.

"Of course it is a surprise when my so-called sister forgot that she even has a brother." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Bhai! Class will start in a few minutes. I will talk to you later." I said, looking at the students walking inside the class.

"After the class is over, just walk to the café near the college. I will be there soon." He said hanging up, and I frowned.

"So what happened?" I asked him sitting in front of him.

"You have to tell me what happened." He replied with a serious expression.

"What do you mean Bhai?" I asked him frowning.

"Before going for the holiday, I saw that you are always lost in thoughts, but now you don't even smile. What happened?" He asked, holding my hand.

"Nothing Bhai! It is general in the marriages I guess. I am trying to get to adapt to him, and he is doing the same." I replied.

"How much time will it take? It's been what seven months already." He said sighing.

"No one wrote a book saying how much time will it take for a couple to settle right? Don't worry too much Bhai." I said smiling.

"I just... don't know." He said frowning.

"Ok! If ever I think there is a problem I will come near you within seconds." I said.

"Promise?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Promise." I replied and smiled when he sighed in relief.

"Let's go! I will drop you. At least one day, you will get relieved from the bus." He said, and we both walked outside the café.

"Hey! You are home early." I said, smiling when he walked inside the room.

"Did you say anything to your brother?" he asked frowning.

"What? No! Not at all. Why?" I asked him, frowning myself.

"Today morning he called and we talked, but it felt like interrogation more." He replied shrugging.

"He is just worried about me." I said, and he nodded walking towards me.

"You are looking good." He said sitting beside me.

"Thanks!" I said, smiling hearing the first compliment after marriage.

He slowly bent and pecked my lips making me stun. Then he held my face in his hands and started kissing more, and I complied.

I kissed him back feeling happy that he is taking the next step. After a few minutes, he released and got up from the bed.

"I will go and freshen up." He said walking inside the washroom, and I tried to control the smile.

I think that he likes me! I squealed inside and immediately rushed downstairs to serve food for all of us.

*Adithya Pov*

"Where do you think you are going?" Rajeev asked, stopping in front of me when I started walking outside the station.

"To home!" I replied shrugging.

"No! We are going somewhere else." He said and dragged me to some bar.

"Only two pegs." I said, looking at him.

"Did you ever drink more than that? I don't think so." He said rolling his eyes.

We talked for some time, and then the discussion went towards my married life. I sighed, hearing the words.