Chapter 37

*Adithya Pov*

I yawned a little, but still continued to stare at her while she is sleeping peacefully with her head on my shoulder.

I trailed my fingers on her cheeks and then towards her forehead and again towards her cheek. I smiled when she got a frown and slowly opened her eyes blinking a little before adjusting to the sunlight which entered our room.

"Good morning!" she greeted, smiling before snuggling closer to me but immediately frowned again.

"I... I will go and freshen up." She mumbled, trying to move away a little, but I stopped and pulled her closer to me again.

"Are you fine?" I asked her worriedly.

"Yeah! I am... I think so. I mean, yeah." She replied finally.

"So you were..." I trailed off breaking the silence which formed after her reply.

"Did you think I was not?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"I mean... I just hope you will not mind what I say because I don't know how to put it in right words." First, I said these words hoping she will not misunderstand.

"Ok! You are scaring me but just say what you want to." She said frowning.

"You both were married for nearly one year right, so I thought you know you both must have already... you see... I mean... you got it right?" I asked her finally hoping she didn't get offended.

Nevertheless, she surprised me by laughing, staring at my face. She suddenly stopped and replied "I get it, and you need not necessarily to worry about it. But yeah, he never touched me except a kiss."

"Hmm..." I mumbled.

"Would you have been fine if David and I had consummated the marriage?" She suddenly asked.

"Of course! I mean you were his legal wife, and that is not a wrong thing. So don't think that I would have not liked if you had not been a virgin." I replied but hugged her tightly.

"So, did Parul and you?" She asked.

"No! I guess they both were faithful to each other." I replied, and we both laughed at that thought.

"God! I never thought I would laugh at some topic like that. But let's just forget about them." She said smiling.

"Yeah! And I really want to sleep for some more time." I mumbled, closing my eyes not leaving her.

"I don't have college today, but you have work." She said squirming in my arms.

"I will call Rajeev later and call in sick." I yawned mumbling to her and drifted off into sleep.

"Wake up!" I felt someone shaking me, and I opened my eyes to see Janice fully dressed sitting beside me.

"You got freshen up? What time is it?" I asked, looking at the clock.

"I got your breakfast. Now go and brush your teeth." She replied, gesturing at the tray on the table.

"Ok!" I said, getting up from the bed, but stopped hearing her scream.

"Wait! Let me close my eyes." She said getting up and turned her back towards me making me chuckle.

"Someone is shy suddenly." I said teasing her and walked to the cupboard and rushed inside the washroom.

When I walked outside I saw that she is sitting down on the bed holding the tray. I smiled at her and sat beside her before having the heavy breakfast.