Chapter 33

*Janice Pov*

"I think we have everything we need." I said to myself looking at the bag which consists of a thick blanket and a few food items.

"Looking good." I heard Adithya's voice from behind.

"I thought I would not fit into my old dress, but I did surprisingly." I said, looking down at my jeans and a top.

"I can understand your thoughts. You have become fat." He suddenly said making my eyes go wide.

I turned to look at him and saw that he is controlling his laugh. I smiled sweetly at him, at which he stopped laughing and got a look of caution.

"Yes! I have become fat because I am not a model or don't even have a dream to be one right." I said, shaking my head and started walking towards the door holding the bag.

Before I can open the door, he stopped holding my hands from behind and made the bag fall on the floor.

"Turn around." He whispered, but I still looked at the door.

He as usual pinched my waist, making me turn around immediately. I gazed at him while he stared back at me.

#Before the picnic day#

*Adithya Pov*

"Why is it so hot and that too at winter time?" I heard Janice's voice and looked up from the book to see her standing near the window fanning herself.

"It is not hot. You are sweating because, until now, you are running here and there to pack everything for the picnic." I replied, and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"I wish there was some way I can get cool air." She said, and I frowned hearing her.

"Are you saying that we should get an Air conditioner?" I asked her frowning, and she frowned back at me.

"If you are suggesting that, then let me tell you I was planning to get one before this summer." I continued.

"Really? Thank you so much. I don't know how I will survive this summer without any college and also not some cool air." She said smiling at me making me frown more.

"I just wish to be clear that I am not some business man or the man earning more salary to be able to get you all the luxuries. I hope you will remember it and not feel bad and also not regret your life with me." I said and immediately regretted saying it seeing her face.

"David is the new trustee of the college I am working. He pestered me for a few days to have a chat with him, and I finally did as many staff members warned me to not be rude with the new trustee." She started saying, and I sat there listening to her.

"At first I thought he wanted to talk to only apologize. I forgave him because now I have moved on and don't want him in any thoughts in my mind. But then he started saying he wants me back and all." She continued.

"And?" I asked her.

"And I said he doesn't deserve me. I even laughed at his joke when he said I am perfect with him." She replied sighing.

"Now coming to the point of your accusation or doubt or whatever it is. I never cared whether my husband is a business man or a police officer. All I expect from him is the care, respect and love always. I also want him to trust me like I trust him." She said looking directly into my eyes.

"Parul met me one day at the traffic signal with a problem and even hugged me, but I removed her from the hug. Then she met me at the station saying the same words which David said I guess. I said that I don't have anything for her, and I have moved on. These are not exact words, but the meaning was same." I explained and she just stared at me.

"I know about her meeting you." She calmly said making me look at her in shock.

"I too know about him meeting you." I calmly said and this time she looked at me in shock.

"I never thought that you would go back to him, but I didn't feel good with him coming back and wanting you back. I trust you completely even though I didn't hear the conversation completely." I added.

"I too felt the same like you did, and I trust you too." She said making me smile, but she still has a hard expression on her face.

"But I never considered you will compare me with her and think that I want some artificial things from you. And that you have to make me remember your profession and also your earnings." She added and I immediately stood up from the chair in complete shock.

"Good night!" she said and lay on the bed.

"Janice!" I called her, but she didn't say anything.

I too lay down beside her and pulled her to me as she is sleeping at the edge with her back towards me.

"I am sorry." I said turning her around to make her face me.

Then I saw one tear, leaving her eye and her eyes are just closed. I brushed it away with my finger and pressed my lips on her cheek.

"I am sorry. I should never have said that. I know you Janice, and I know that you are more careful in money matter than me. But call it my stupidity or stupid insecurity the words just left my mouth." I said hugging her completely to me.

"I am also sorry for not telling you about David. I hid it not because I thought you would think badly, but because I thought that chapter is over and didn't want to disturb you with the news." She said, and I nodded caressing her hair.

"I too thought the same, and that's why I didn't say anything to you." I said, and she nodded back.

"But I am still angry with you." She said before snuggling closer to me herself.

"What shall I do to remove that anger?" I asked still caressing her hair.

"I don't know! That is your work." She replied and calmly drifted off into sleep.

I started thinking of a way, but I didn't get any, so I too drifted off into sleep along with her.

#At present on picnic day#

*Janice Pov*

"What was that?" he asked, looking at me frowning.

"What was what?!" I said back.

"I was just joking and you took it down another lane." He said frowning.

"Don't frown." I said, rubbing his forehead, and he smiled.

"And as for my words. They will continue to make you feel how I felt until you do something to make it up for me." I added, and he groaned.

"I am not good at that stuff." He said shaking his head.

"Practice makes any husband perfect." I said smirking.

"You are dangerous." He said, narrowing his eyes.

"I know." I said, winking at him and walked outside holding the bag again in my hands.

-------------------------------------------

misunderstandings can be overcome and can be dodged but insecurties take a whole troll on you...

I didnt thought of making them say about their ex's so soon or even like this but hell they are different and weird couple so this chapter just got written by itself as i started to write this chap to write about the picnic part but what can i say my brain really have its own hands like the rat in "Ratatolouie" ;)

How is the chap guys??

Comment plz and vote....