Chapter 26

*David Pov*

I entered our room and threw the necktie on the floor along with the briefcase. I brushed my hair feeling nothing but irritation.

"What happened to you now?" Parul asked, and I looked up to see her rolling her eyes and typing on her laptop.

"Is that how you ask and what you do when you see the person you love is sad or even irritated?" I asked shouting at her.

"What else should I do to the person who comes home late?" she asked shrugging.

"Why is it bothering you? I came early for one month in the beginning, but you are always busy so why should I come home early?" I asked her back.

"Why are you shouting at me? I don't care when you come home. It is your choice, and it's not like you will learn what you should be with the person you love now." She replied.

"What is wrong with you Parul? Why can't you behave like some at least a girlfriend and take care of me or have some care for me?" I asked sitting in front of her.

"I can ask the same question David. You don't care what I do and don't even want to spend some alone time with me." She said putting her laptop aside.

"We go out." I said frowning.

"Yes! We go to some stupid parties and do the same like every day." She said irritatingly.

"That's what you like, right? You love to go in a car and travel in it, and we do. You don't like any simple things, and you are able to do any shopping everyday." I said with same irritation.

"Why can't you come with me for shopping and why can't we go to some places pleasant?" She asked.

"Why can't you wait for me before having dinner every day? Why can't you at least cook something for me?" I asked her back.

"I don't know how to cook." she replied glaring at me.

"And I don't like going for shopping." I too replied.

"Thank god my parents didn't pressure me to get married to you. You will be the worst husband." she said getting up.

"Not more than you Parul and I too thank the god for the same thing." I said back.

*Parul Pov*

"From past one week, I am dull in front of you and did you care even little for me?" I asked him.

"Leave that! Did you even know I was dull?" I added.

"Did you care for me Parul? I am also so much irritated regarding the work and feeling tensed." He replied.

"Why should I do that when you don't do it?" I asked him glaring.

"Then why should I when you can't?" he asked.

I went to my side of the bed and sat there just thinking about everything. We both sat quietly for a few minutes.

I remember how Adithya used to immediately care if I even say I am not feeling well, even though it was a lie I am saying.

He wanted to spend some time with me and always trying to come home early. He never cared if I don't cook and never asked me to.

He wanted to be with me, but I never cared about him or any of the things he did for me.

"She is the best thing that happened to me, and I lost her." I heard David's voice and looked up to see him.

"She always waited for me no matter how late I am and don't even have dinner to have it with me. But if I ate outside, then she would not even have that dinner." He continued.