Half the Battle

—An important step towards achieving something.

_____________________

To say 'I Love You',

We must first say 'I'.

What is I?

Who am I?

The ability to say 'I am—' or 'I want—' or 'I need—' or 'I Love—'

Implies an existence.

To say 'I Love You',

We must first accept our existence—

I am Me.

This is who I am.

And then we say;

This is who I Love.

_______________________

And so they must learn to say;

This is who I am,

And this is who I Love—

And nothing can stop me.

_______________________

Brave Love Chapter 27: Half the battle

[Chip]

Upon the sight of a familiar building, I alighted at the next bus stop—taking tentative steps as I looked around for any sign of confirmation.

And there it was; the name of his father's company. Although not entirely sure how I'd search for one man in the tens of floors that rose above the rest of the city, I willed my feet towards the direction of the office building—trying hard not to look back at the bus stop.

Just pass him lunch at the very least!

Y-You can talk to Trudy next time, right...?

I shook my head at the voice in the back of my mind.

Argh what am I saying? The entire purpose of my visit was to meet Trudy! Snap out of it Chip!

Giving myself a mental slap and doing my best to 'man' up (which also meant that I was failing terribly at it), I shuffled past the automatic doors that opened with a swish, glancing around with hesitation in my heart.

The office's reception area was well-lit and spacious; the lights reflected on the marble floor in a blinding manner, and there was a whole lot of unnecessary space for the minute number of office workers wandering about.