Someone Who Cares

A/N I just want to say the last section of this chapter may be a bit intense

I quietly enter the noisy classroom with my head down and music blasting through my ears.

"Hey Silva," I hear Tyler yell excitedly. Why does he always have to be so positive, I have to admit, I don't really like people like that because I have never been able to feel that way myself.

"Hey." I mumble remembering yesterday and trying to stay serene.

I slowly sit down next to Tyler imprisoned by my own thoughts.

Your ugly, Stupid, Weird, Fat, No one likes you, Cry baby...

I hate this dreary, traumatic life...nothing good has ever happened to me...everyone hates me.

"Silva are you okay?" I hear Tyler ask sounding concerned.

I pause profoundly, can he tell theres something wrong? I didn't think I was displaying it that openly.

He delicately lifts my chin up looking deeply into my eyes as I struggle to look away but fail.

"Whats wrong?" He asks anxiously with eyes full of worry.

"Nothing." I reply subdued.

All of a sudden I feel his arms wrap around me pulling me into a hug.

"If you don't want to tell me then you should at least tell someone else who can help you." He whispers into my ear.

I nod slightly, not that I will, but I just don't want to talk about it with him.

"Good morning class." Mrs Osborne enthusiastically says while entering the class.

"Good morning Mrs Osborne." The whole class says emotionlessly and listlessly in unison.

"Now, I would just like to remind you all that we have a parent night tomorrow where you are all expected to bring along your parents so that they can get to know each other," Mrs Osborne says as if this event is actually something people want to attend, "And also, remember this night is compulsory unless you have a valid reason to not come."

"Oh fuck." I say under my breath. I hate these things, this class is always having them, my parents always refuse to come and I always get in trouble for it.

"Here we go again." Oscar grumbles.

"How exiting." Clayton sarcastically says.

"Whats so bad about it?" Tyler asks.

"We're always having them, they're so boring." Clayton replies pissed off about the event.

"But at least we get free hot chocolate and biscuits." Oscar says.

"Hey Silva, that means our parents can actually meet." Tyler says excitedly.

"Great." I say not really caring.

-

At recess I didn't end up going to the tree and sitting by myself, but instead I ended up hanging around with Tyler and his friends. I don't know why. Even though I guess he is my friend, but I still prefer to be alone.

Anyway, schools over now, my parents are fighting again. I need to tell them about tomorrow night.

My mum quickly storms into the kitchen slamming her fists hard on the counter.

"I am so sick of that fucking man, he can just go fuck himself." She angrily yells.

"Umm, mum..." I mumble not knowing what to say.