FOUR

savannah's pov

it's monday morning and it's been three weeks since the wedding. during that first week, i never thought that i would feel like this now. i feel better. i feel as though that hour before the wedding never even happened.

i was in the elevator with lauren, currently going up to the floor of our work. lauren, johnson, sammy, nate, jack and i are all journalists that work for a news website, but we all write for different categories.

lauren and i write for the fashion column, jack and sammy write for the world news, johnson writes for the entertainment column and then nate writes for the sports.

you're probably wondering how we all landed at the same job, but it was all down to sammy's dad's friend. he opened his nationwide business here, in los angeles and he needed some extra employees.

we all came here and started from the bottom - you know, doing coffee runs or helping one writer with their extra work, but we were all soon promoted as the months went by.

"i am so not in the mood to work today" lauren complained while rubbing her temple with her free hand, the other containing a cup of coffee.

"i told you not to drink so much last night" i nudged her slightly just before the elevator doors opened on our floor.

"yeah, thanks. i really asked for the whole i told you so" lauren continued to moan then i playfully rolled my eyes at her. "i'm gonna go see if the break room has some advil" she told me.

i saw johnson leaning against the door frame of sammy's office, and decided to go and say hi to him and the guys.

"hey" i happily greeted, and he moved aside to let me in the room.

"well someone's looking very happy today" sammy annouced as he was sat in his desk chair.

i smiled a little at his comment, "yeah, well lauren and i had a fun sunday, and then saturday, i went out...on a date" i slowly announced and waited for their reactions.

"a date? with who?" nate asked me just as he sat against the wooden desk.

"with dylan. you know that hot nerd? the new IT employee on the third floor?".

"really? wow, he's actually pretty cool. he fixed my computer once" sammy added.

"yeah, he is cool. saturday was actually our second date, and he's picking me up for lunch today too" i added and johnson's eyes immediately widened at my sentence.

"a third date? and you didn't think that i would of at least liked to check out this guy?" i chuckled slightly at how protective he was being.

"well, i'm sorry, dad. but i didn't want you all to scare him off" i shrugged. "i actually really like him".

"wait, so you're completely over, you know who?" nate wondered and i raised my eyebrow at how he attempted to be discreet, and failed.

"well, yeah. i guess. i'm not gonna stand around and waste my time on something that will never, ever happen".

"oh and speaking of jack, he's actually on his way up now" sammy informed as he looked up from his phone.

i had completely forgotten that jack came back from his honeymoon on saturday. him and madison spent three weeks in greece.

who takes a three week honeymoon when you both have jobs to attend? it was probably madison who insisted that they stay longer, since she obviously wasn't the one who payed for it.

but back to my forgetfulness, i was too busy enjoying dylan's company on saturday, so the anxiety of seeing jack for the first time after the wedding slipped my mind. shit. i just hope it's not awkward.

jack's pov

"...yes babe, i'm at work now. i've just gotten out of the elevator" i explained to madison on the phone, then walked towards sammy's office. "...i miss you already too...yep, i will...i love you, bye".

"so are you just gonna stand there and not give your best bro a hug after three fucking weeks?" johnson questioned and i stuffed my phone in my pocket before giving him a quick bro hug.

"what's good, guys?" i chuckled.

"what's good? how about you? how's the married life?" sammy excitedly rubbed his hands together and sat up in his chair.

"it's amazing, guys. absolutely amazing, greece was fantastic, the beach was surreal, the sunsets were even better" i exaggerated with a smile refusing to disappear from my face. "it's all been great, to be honest".

"ahem," a voice coughed from behind me and i turned around to see our moody, old, boss looking quite unpleased. "i do not play you five to stand around and chat. this isn't a high school. get to work" he demanded and we immediately did as we were told.

i walked towards my office and could see savannah going to her's, which is exactly opposite mine. i don't know how things are with us. during the wedding reception, i realised that she'd left and i began feeling completely guilty for the way to reacted.

i know very well that she had no intention on ruining mine and madison's relationship. i was just so angry at how as soon as i move on, she tells me that she loves me, and it's all just a little too late.

but i don't want to loose my best friend over this, despite my wife, she's still my favourite girl and i'd hate for things to always be awkward, or hostile between us.

i stood outside my door, hoping that savannah would turn around before she closed her's, and maybe give me a quick smile to show that we were good. she eventually looked up and seemed quite stunned at how i was just standing there, watching her.

she put strands of her dark hair behind her ear and smiled at me, even adding a tiny wave. i smiled with relief, then did the same before going into my office with the door shut behind me.

-

this chapter was more than 1000 words yay. i have sooo many ideas with this story and don't worry, the plot will properly kick off in maybe two or three chapters ahaha. so be ready for that ily.