TWENTY-SIX

jack's pov

my car reached the gates of sammy's house and i reeled down my window to push the call button outside.

"hello?".

"hey, bro. it's jack, let me in" i spoke through the speaker, before the gates instantly unlocked and slowly opened wide enough for me to drive through.

the only place that i could think of coming to right now was sammy's; it would usually be johnson's, but in this case, sam already knows everything, so i won't have to explain so much to him.

sammy opened his front door and stood with his bleach-blonde hair messy, and his eyes barely open.

"so it's..." he stared down at his watch. "...ten-thirty pm, and you've come to my house unexpectedly. is this my cue to get the beer out or...?".

i entered the house and pulled my hands down my face, "nah, this is your cue to get two beers out actually".

sammy gave me a thumbs up, then walked straight to the kitchen as i went to settle on the white, living room couch.

he eventually came back and chucked me two beers, before sitting down across the couch from me.

"so, talk to samuel" he said as he opened up the can and took a sip.

"well, you'll never guess who else was having an affair" i began and he almost choked on the alcohol in his mouth.

"no way, madison?. i nodded my head and drank my beer, just as sammy loudly smirked at my answer.

"wow, thanks man. that was definitely the reaction that i needed" i sarcastically defended.

"no, no, i'm sorry," he chuckled, then couldn't stop sniggering until i glared at him. "it's just-...are you sure?".

"well, she was hiding some guy upstairs. then, when i asked her if she slept with him, she agreed and also admitted to marrying me for the cash, so i kicked her, and the guy out".

sammy's eyes grew bigger at my explanation, "seriously?".

"she even knew about savannah and i, before you did" i added, then he sat back against the couch, with his beer still in his hand and trying to take in what i told him.

he puffed his cheeks out, "wow man, that's just-...wow" sammy responded, and i copied his action and leant back.

"are you still gonna make sure that she doesn't get her hands on any cash?" he asked, but i shook my head with disinterest.

"she's probably taken half of it from the safe at home," i said. "but, at this point i don't even care about the cash...i only care about savannah". i told him, as my mind reflected back onto what happened in her office earlier.

"wait, have you forgotten about what happened yesterday?" sammy reminded me. i immediately snapped out of my thoughts, then sat up with my elbows on my knees.

"i know, i know. and i wish that i'd opened my eyes sooner, before choosing madison over her" i complained. i tried to refrain from pulling my hair out as i covered my face and groaned, "how could i be so stupid?".