THIRTY-EIGHT

A.N; the beginning of this chapter is inspired by the tv show, friends.

savannah's pov

my last day at work finally came to an end. once i said bye to johnson, i went to find sammy and nate and also gave them my best heartfelt words without crying a total river.

then with lauren, i told her that i'd say goodbye to her at home and separately because in my opinion, a forty five minute break isn't long enough for me to say everything that i want to.

later that day, i drove home and rummaged through my bag for my door keys. once i finally got a hold of them, i twisted them inside the key hole.

i was completely exhausted from the amount of tears i shed today, that i just wanted to finish packing and relax. but once the door opened, someone's foot quickly prevented me from closing it.

i looked up and jack stood there, "we need to talk" he told me.

i gulped slightly, before slowly letting go of the door to let him follow me inside.

i settled my bag and keys on the living room couch, then tied my hair up into a high ponytail. i started moving a few boxes around and added more things into them, as i could feel jack's eyes piercing through me from the other side of the room.

"why didn't you say goodbye to me, today?" he questioned and i sighed deeply, while trying my best to focus on organising my things.

"well?!" jack spoke even louder and i immediately placed down the vase that i was about to pack.

"jack, i really don't—..." i took a deep breathe while still facing away from him. "i just can't do this right now".

"but you leave in two days - i had to watch you say goodbye to everyone but me" he frustratedly explained. "so is this how it is now? between us? i just mean complete shit to you?".

i whipped around to face him, "no, jack! i actually didn't say goodbye to you, because you mean much more to me than everyone else!".

once i took in how loudly i spoke, i pushed my hair back and tried my best to stay calm.

"you know what i don't get? as soon as they told me that the job was in london, the first thing that popped into my mind was: how am i going to tell jack? not even dylan or lauren, but you" i admitted with my finger pointed at him.

"now today, i couldn't even pick up the courage to walk into your office and say goodbye, and since then i've been questioning whether i'm actually over you or not," i explained. "...i mean, i even had a moment where i questioned if i even want to go to london now".

"...then don't" jack quietly began and i gazed up at him, as he came closer to hold my hand. "don't go to london with dylan...please. i am so in love with you and every time i look at you, i just find more reasons to".

i blinked once and a tear shed down my cheek, so i quickly released from his hold and wiped my eyes.

"i don't think you actually understand how hard it is to see you walk around and be happy with a guy that i completely despise!" he yelled again and i took the chance to look at him directly in the eyes - and for the first time ever, they were tearing up.