THIRTY-SEVEN

jack's pov

i heard a few footsteps hurrying around from the inside. i knew exactly what i was going to say to savannah and how i was going to say it, but my mind went blank when i saw who actually opened the door.

"savannah's not in" dylan said to me with one arm resting up against the door.

i looked down to laugh at his words, then stared back up, "what? so you're half dressed, because you spent the night with lauren?".

"actually, i think cheating on your partner would be on the lists of your hobbies, not mine" he smiled and his response caused my fingers to curl into a fist.

"...you seemed to have forgotten, who else took part in that little love affair?" i finally replied as i fixed my hands in my pockets and proudly watched his face drop at my comeback.

he looked over his shoulder then whispered, "why don't you ever just leave savannah alone?".

"and why would i do that?".

"she doesn't need you or your attempts to gain her sympathy, okay. you had your chance with her and you blew it. so-".

"dylan, who's at the-...jack? hi, what's up?" savannah came and stood in front of dylan in just an oversized shirt, that draped down to her mid-thigh.

her hair was quite messy, but she pulled her fingers through it to fix it and her face was clear from make up, so the cute, tiny freckles around her nose were quite visible.

"i, uh," i cleared my throat and looked down. "i have something that i want to tell you".

"now? because, we were about to go grab some breakfast" dylan shot me a quick pity look, before resting his hands on savannah's waist and his chin on the dip of her shoulder.

"we can talk later if you like?" savannah suggested with one eye slightly squinting. although i could barely focus on speaking to her, since dylan was moving his hands much lower and playing with the hem of her shirt.

i kept on a vague facial expression - it was inbetween i'm perfectly fine and get your fucking hands off her. though, i eventually regained my natural face when savannah brushed off dylan's hands from the shirt and slightly dodged the kiss that he tried planting on her neck.

"dylan, can you give us a moment quickly?" she finally spoke up. he was clearly taken back by her words, but i suppressed my smirk as he glared at me then left savannah and i alone.

she opened the door slightly more and folded her arms across her chest, "sorry, about that" she said using her thumb to point behind her.

"about what?" i lightly chuckled, just to make sure we were on the right page.

"dylan's little PDA attempt".

"oh, i don't blame him. i mean, who could keep their hands off you?" i spoke with a wink and she placed strands of her hair behind her ear, briefly blushing at the compliment.

"but, uh, i thought you guys weren't speaking?" i questioned since as soon as dylan opened the door a few minutes ago, i've been curious to know.

"he apologised after you left yesterday," she explained. "and he, um, also agreed to move to london with me".

i instantly felt my heart drop into my stomach, "he...he has?".