TWENTY-FIVE

savannah's pov

i used my arms as support as i leant against the bathroom sink, and tried to suppress my tears. i exhaled heavily, then looked up at my appearance in the mirror.

my eyes were beginning to look puffy, so i ran the cold water and dabbed it underneath my eyes to prevent people from asking questions, when i walked out.

all i could see now was the red hickey sitting on my neck - i vigorously rubbed at it to make it disappear, but there was no use. i pushed my hair out of my face, as i mentally cursed at myself for falling back into jack's arms.

i just missed his touch, and his scent and how amazing he makes me feel, and it hasn't even been a week yet.

it's just weird how he can make me feel like i mean complete shit to him, but then i still continue to wish that he was mine.

ugh. i just wish that i could stop feeling like this.

i was doing perfectly fine, until jack's insane jealousy and claiming me as his property, ruined it all...but i mean, if i did it throughout the morning, i guess i can start a fresh and do it again.

i just have to forget about it and move on, because if jack really wanted me, madison would be out of the picture and we'd be together by now.

quickly, i fixed myself up in the mirror and used my hair to try and cover up the hickey. i then took one last look, before confidently walking out of the bathroom.

no one's eyes were on me, so i guessed that no one saw me rushing into the bathroom.

i was about to make my way to my office to get on with some work, but i paused in my tracks when i saw madison looking up at jack as she spoke to him.

she stood in a pair of louboutins, black skinny jeans, a cropped top and an expensive necklace around her neck. jack stroked her hair, and she began to fix his tie neatly for him.

i could just turn around and ignore the scene, but for some reason, i couldn't. i felt like i needed to witness what jack was exactly pushing me away for.

his eyes eventually diverted from madison, then focused on me as i stood in the corner, watching them. we kept eye contact for a second or two, until i quickly broke it and looked down at the ground.

when i glanced back up, jack reached into his pocket and handed his wife one of the credit cards out of his wallet, before she smiled hugely and kissed his lips. typical.

"hey,". i turned my head and saw lauren standing beside me. "you okay?" she asked.

i almost nodded my head, but i knew that that would just be lying, so i sighed a little before responding.

"i've come to a point where i'm not even upset anymore," i began. "i'm just tired, and i feel like i need to get away or just take some sort of leave from work for a while".

"savannah, you can't let that drive you away from your job" she said, referring to jack and madison.

"i'm not, lo. okay, i just need to clear my head and be with my family for a while" i explained to her, then she gladly nodded her head to show that she understood every word.