Alone Together {23}

.

​​​***Alexis's POV***

​"Alexis?"

​I looked over at Micah. He sat up and rubbed at his eyes sleepily. He tugged my sleeve until I laid down next to him on the bed. He took the covers, pulling them up to my shoulders and attempting to tuck me in.

​"What are you doing?" I asked. "It's morning. We should be getting food."

​He shook his head. "No. I know you didn't sleep last night. I woke up and you were looking out of the window," he said. He went back to tucking me in. "Sleep now."

​"I can't," I said, sitting up again and ruffling his hair. "I'm not tired."

​That was a lie, but it didn't matter. I couldn't sleep even if I tried to.

​I was just relieved that I had gotten a text from Matt earlier saying I didn't need to come in today. I wasn't ready to face Jonas yet.

​"But..." Micah looked up at me, eyes wide and concerned.

​"I'm fine, Micah," I assured, getting out of bed. Micah copied me, and I helped him get dressed. Once I had clothes on, I took his hand and we walked downstairs together.

​It was still earlier, but everyone was moving about the kitchen, trying to eat before they had to leave. Ike was leaning against the counter, watching Christian as he attempted to cook an egg.

​"It's undercooked, Christian," Ike said. "Don't stop yet."

​"I'm hungry," Christian said, sliding the undercooked egg onto his plate. He sat at the table, took a bite, made a face that announced Ike had been right, and choked the rest of the plate down in record time.

​"Dumbass," Ike said.

​I picked Micah up, setting him in a chair. I put down two bagels for us and sat next to him while we waited.

​"You look like hell," Jer said to me as he came into the room.

​"Thanks," I said.

​"Out of my fucking way," Jer said, roughly shoving Ike aside, more aggression in him than usual.

​"Calm down killer," Ace said, letting out a whistle.

​"Shut the fuck up, Ace," Jer snarled.

​"Ace," I said, shooting him a warning look. For whatever reason, Jer was clearly in a foul mood today. He wasn't someone you wanted to mess with when he was angry.

​With that in mind, I pulled Micah onto my lap, keeping an arm around his waist securely. He nuzzled against my shoulder.

​"Alexis?" he said, voice quiet.

​"Yea?" I asked.

​"I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm glad you met me," he said, hugging me.

​"I'm glad I met you too," I said, hugging him back.

​"Hey, sappy mother fucker, your bagels popped," Jer said, grabbing them and tossing them onto a plate.

​I took the plate from him, not bothering to remind him about his language around Micah. For one, he was angry. And for two, it never mattered how many times you told Jer to watch his language, he never did it.

​I buttered the bagels, handing Micah his. He took a bite, making himself comfortable in my lap. I stared at my bagel on the plate, not hungry.

​I winced as someone smacked me in the back of the head. Jer glared down at me and nodded at the bagel.