Chapter: 14

Dick and River ran down the steps and into the dining room, laughing all the way.

"Hi Alfred!" Dick said as he took a seat. River sat across from him, and smiled at the butler.

Dick took two sodas from the ice chest that laid in front of him, and handed one to River. "Where Bruce?" River asked, and she took a sip of her drink.

"Oh, Mr Wayne had some business to take care of. I'll go get your meals." Alfred spoke, leaving the room.

"He always has to work." Dick mumbled to himself, as he played with the dew drop on his soda can.

"So, what are we having for dinner?" Miss Moore asked the rich guy. Trying to lighten the mood.

"You'll see." He said with a wink. River simply raised her eyebrow.

'Either he's missing with me, or....' her thought was interurrped as the smell of grilled meat and cheese entered the room. "Cheeseburgers?!" River knitted her eyebrows. She was expecting something fancy, like sushi.

"I do hope you enjoy it, Mr Wayne told me this was your favorite meal." Alfred mentioned as he surved her a plate of deliciousness.

"Oh no! It's wonderful thank you, Alfred!"

"Stop kissing up him Riv!" Dick said as he took a bite of his meat.

"It's called being plight, you should try it sometime." She snapped back.

"I think it's nice to have someone with manors staying here." Alfred said, as he set a plate of cheeseburgers down on the table.

"Hi, I have manors!" Dick exclaimed, with his mouth full of food.

"Right," River chuckled, finishing her first burger. "And I'm Wonder Woman." Dick glared at her. Making River laugh even harder.

After the two of them had finished the plate of delicious food. River looked at her drink, thinking hardly. Dick frowned at the fact that she wasn't paying attention to him. And took it away from her.

"Hey!" River exclaimed, trying to grabbed it back.

"Hey Alfred? What's for dessert?" Dick asked, holding the can up higher. River gave up, and turned her eyes to the old man.

Alfred gave him a puzzled look. "I completely forgot! Give me an hour or so, and I'll call you. Feel free to show Miss Moore to her room."

"Oh right!" Dick said, as he dashed out of the room.

River looked up at the friendly old man. "Is he always like this?"

"Come Riv! What's taking so long?" She heard him call out from somewhere close.

She sighed, and grabbed her backpack. "Thanks for dinner." She kissed Alfred on the check and ran out after Dick.

River ran for a few minutes, until she ran smack into Dick.

"Ow! We need to stop doing that!" He exclaimed as he dusted himself off.

"Thanks for helping me up." River commented, as lefted herself off of the ground.

"You're welcome." He said with a smirk, as he lead River up a case of stairs.

They came to a stop on the other side of the mansion. "And this," He opened the door to a bedroom. "Is your new room!"

River gasped as she walked in. It was a very large room, the wall were painted a deep red. The dark hardwood floors, and trimming. To her right was a dark wooden vanity mirror, movie star style. Matched with a bench, and a little red coshion.

To her left was a king size bed, it was made of the same wood as the mirror; It had black sheets with red and black pillows. In the center of the room were lots of windows, and in the center of it was a set of bay-windows. That opened out onto a balcony.

"Do you like it?" Dick asked, placing his hand on River shoulder.

"I could get use to this." River said, as she threw her bag on the bed. "How did you know black and red were my fave colors?"

"Lucky guess."

"Well I love it, thank you." She walked towards him in a stalking manor. "Come here." She said with a smirk. She grabbed Dick close, and rapped him in a bear huge.

After a bit she pulled away, biting her lip to stop her from laughing. Dick's bright red face was full of shock.

"Ummm." Dick was speachless, River didn't want to embarrass him more. Wait, yes she did!

"Call me when dessert's ready?"

"S-s-sure..."

"Kay thanks!" River got nose to nose with him. She then smiled and shut the door in Dick's face.

River giggled, as she calapsed on the comfy bed. She stared up at the cling. It was marble, with pillers going down, outlining the room. In the center was a big black chandelier. 'Rose would've loved this place!'

All the time they spent together, Rose and River dreamed of a the perfect home; a tall strong man, whom loved them dearly. The house was big and full of books and food.

River's eyes watered, she saw Rose's death flash before her eyes. 'I abandoned her.' She thought, as she braided a piece of her hair. 'I left her alone to die, so I could live the life of luxury.'

BEEP. BEEP.

River hopped off of her bed and walked over to her desk/mirror. "Hello?" She said as she put a small ear piece in.

"Hi Shadow, hope your not busy eating cake." Robin's voice said on the other end. "But we have a mission to take care of. Meet me at the old telephone booth, and I'll let you in.'

"Great," River said to herself. "Looks like I'll missing dessert."

"How and in your closet, behind body mirror Batman and I have made a costume."