Chapter: 19

As they danced across the floor, Shadow took the opportunity to look for anything suspicious. While Robin asked her questions, she gave a quick reply. And continued scouring for Assassins, it was going well until he popped a question that hit Shadow hard.

"So, why are you always wearing that necklace?" He asked with that sweet inosaint smile. Shadow almost stepped in his foot, but was he quickly dodged it.

"A friend gave it to me, why?" Shadow asked suspiciously.

"Oh just cerious, what friend?" Before she could answer, Robin lowered his hand to a much lower part of her back.

"Do have to out your hands that low?!" Shadow blushed, as she felt a shot of butterflies go from where Robin's hands were, to her stomach.

"Well this is how you're soposed to dance, I was being plight before." He said, then smirk at her. "You should really try it sometime." Shadow was about to punch him, when a huge group of Assassins broke threw the windows.

"Hello Ladies and gentlemen!" One Assassins called energetically from a microphone on stage.

"Assassins," Robin confrimed, as he helped Shadow move away from the stardled crowd. "I'll go get the other. You find Luther."

"Right, where's Aqualad? He was right here!" Shadow said in panic, she prayed her friend was okay. "I'll find him, you go protect the target." Shadow began to run,  but tripped and fell on the floor. "Um, you take these." She ordered Robin as she toshed  them to her.

"What am I sopose to do with these?!" He compained, staring at her and then the shoes.

"You figure it out, Boy Wonder!" Shadow then disappeared into the wave of the rich in hopes to find the stupid man that made her come here.

Shadow moved through the crowd of people until she found Lex Luther hiding behind a table. "There you are!" She compained as got down next to him.

"Do you know what I've went through to arrange this party?!?!" Lex whspiered to her.

"Don't know, don't care. Come with me!" Shadow tried to pull him away, but with no luck.

"You think I'm going to go with you?!" The rich guy sounded a mixture of anger, surprise, and embarrassment.

"Well yeah, that's kinda the plan!" She said in a low tone.

"But you're a mere girl! A teen even!"

"Yeah, but I'm with Young Justice, now come with me before I change my mind!"

"Fine." Lex grumbled as Shadow grabbed his arm a pulled him away from the crowd.

As they walked down the empty hall, Shadow couldn't help feel like she was being watched. "Get down!" She ordered as she shoved Luther behind a door.

As she did, an Assassin in a black robe came stroll by. Stop by the closet which Luther and Shadow were hiding in. "Hello!" Shadow whspiered to him as she jammed the door handle into the Assistan's stomach.

"Ah!" He gasped in pain, then he regained himself.  And started throwing ninja stars. Shadow dodged each one with ease, then she jumped behind him, kicked him the sheen. And rapped her arm around his throat and held on tight.

As the man struggled for air. Shadow feared her would accidently kill him, but a few short moments. The Assassin slowly past into deamland.

"Oh my gosh, you're heavy!" Shadow exclaimed as she dragged him into the closet. "Come on, the others will find him soon." She ordered Luther, as she locked the door, and began to jog away from the crime scene.