Chapter: 26

Robin and Shadow hurried to where Batman had ordered them to meet. "Gotham Port? What does Batman want there?" Shadow asked.

"I have intell saying that Penguin has planned to a lot of venom tonight." Batman said behind her.

"And um, why is Harley Quinn and The Joker here?" Robin pointed to where the horrid married couple smiled madly at Penguin as he stepped out of his limo. Shadow glared, it was the same car that he had taken her to music pratice in. Year after year.
"You know him?" Asked Robin. 'How the heck did he get so close?'

"What?! No!" She accidently spoke a little to loud, alerting the villain of they're presence.

"Perfect." Batman grumbled as he jumped down and attacted the The Jokers.
After they had beaten, and arested everyone. Shadow was drained, not physically, but emotionally. She didn't she would have to go up against Penguin so soon. 'Thank God he didn't recognized me.' Shadow thought as she sat next to Robin in the Bat Cave.

"For you first time you did well." Batman said to her, Shadow felt proud that he complamented her.

"Thanks." She replied as she stole Robin's water bottle and to a sip of the cold water.

"Hey!" Robin protested as he tried to grab it form her. Knocking both of them on the ground.

"So good," their Mentor contenued. "That u I've desided to celebrate." They both stopped fighting and stared at him.

"What?" Shadow asked eyes wide.

"Yes. Go rinse yourselves off, and get change. We will be leaving for ice cream in ten minutes."

"Sweet!" Robin exclaimed as he ran out of the room.

Shadow watched as Robin stuffed his face with chocolate ice cream, he gave her a proud look when Bruce patted his head. "I'm going to use the restroom, you two enjoy your ice cream." Bruce Wayne said as she left the booth. Shadow began to giggle.

"What?" Robin asked smiling at her.
"You have ice cream on nose!" She in between laughs, as Robin disprestly tried to remove it, but with know luck.

"Here let me get it!" Shadow tried wipe it away, but Mr Boy Wonder kept on moving. "Stop moving!" Robin laughed as he grabbed her hands, Shadow stared at him for a second; He then finally let Shadow wipe the chocolate off of the tip of his nose.

"Um, hey guys!" Shadow and Robin turned their heads to see a tall guy with bright red hair staring them. "Uh, hi Wally!" Shadow replied as she leaded back in her seat.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting anything, but Arty and I were on a date. And I just wanted to stop by and say hey." Wally explained, Giving them a sly look.

"It's fine." Robin gave him an innocent smile, blushing big time.

"Uh, okay! Two weren't on a date were you?"

"No!" Robin and Shadow snapped in unison, Shadow was sertan her face was red. "Right, well you guys get back to-whatever it is you're not doing. Bye!" The ginger ran off, leaving Robin and Shadow looking at eachother in sock.

Embarrassed, Robin and Shadow finished their ice cream in silence.

Once they were home, River quickly retreated to her room. Where Quinn laid patiently waiting. "Hi girl." River patted her on the head, then left for the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello Crock," a regal voice said from somewhere in the darkness. "What has brought here? I told you, you will only get your money when I get the girl."

"I found Project Erebus." Sportsmaster said as he lead up against a near by wall.

"You what?!" The first voice said in sock. "That's right, she attacked me in Gotham today. Tough kid." He answered, taking a beer from a mini fridge.

"Did she have a weapon?"

"If you count her tiny body as a weapon, then yes." The hockey masked man slowly moved toward the center of the room.

"She's brave and strong, just like her mother." The man chuckled as he turned on a light, revealing himself to be Lex Luther. "Did you hurt her? Did she hurt you?"

"A little, but it's nothing my immortality couldn't handle."

"Right, of course." Luther straighten himself. "I have another job for you. If you're interested."

Sportsmaster finshed his bear and threw into a trash can. "How much does it pay?"