Chapter: 18

The party was going horribly, everyone was all dressed up in lace and ruffle. Stuffing they're plastic facing with mini cupcakes and other treats. It made Shadow sick, she slowly sipped her sparkling cinder.

'How can these people be okay with looking so foolish?!"

"You're glaring." Robin said to her, eating off of her plate.

"Hi stop it!" Shadow slapped his hand, and she took back her plate. "You HAD to eat all of the chocolate one!?"

"What? They're my favorite!"

"Ugh, you're impossible!" Shadow left to go get some more food, almost tripping over her feet at the same time.

"Enjoying yourself, my dear?" Shadow turned around to see a tall bald man staring at her.

"I guess." She said as she took more chocolate cupcakes from a table.

"Whatever is the matter? I pride myself on making people happy." He said smiling at her.

"I'm just wondering why you are throwing a party for a girl you don't know."

"Ah you see, I'm close friends with Summer family. And when I found out they had adopted a girl, had couldn't resist but to throw a celebration for her!" The man said with a chuckle.

"Right, well enjoy making other people happy. Because I'm not inerrested in your lies, Luther." Shadow snapped as she walked back to Robin and Kathy.

A while had pasted, as more boring classical music played threw the speaker.

'Kill me now.'

Her thought was interurrped by an annoying voice. "We're dancing, now." Robin grabbed her hand dragged her to the dance floor.

"What are you doing?!" Shadow snapped at him in a whisper, as his put his hand around her in a dancing manor.

"What does it look like? I'm dancing." He replied, as Shadow 'accidently' stepped on his foot. "Owe!!!"

"That's for asking me before you dragged me out here!" Shadow said gritting her teeth.

"I did ask!" Robin said.

"I don't even know how to dance!"

"You don't?" He smiled, Shadow could've sworn he mumble the word: perfect.

"Just follow my lead." He said stunly, hold back a grin.

"Me?" Shadow grinned in disbelief. "Follow your lead? How bout no." She turned to leave. But Robin grabbed her hand, and spun her around, and rapped his hand around Shadow's waist. Making it look like a sweet little spin people did while dancing.

"Oh you did not just do that!" Shadow whspiered loudly in her dance partners ear.

"Just go with it!" He replied as he spun her again, and placed his hands on her back.

"I hate you." Shadow grumbled as she rested her for-arms around Robin's neck.

"So do I." He whispered to her, as they danced to the very slow song.