Chapter: 20

Shadow dragged Lex Luther down was hallway where she held yelling a crashing. She peeked her head around the connor and saw Super Boy and Miss Marstion fighting a groups of Assassins.

Turning an other corner, they continued running through the halls of the skyscraper; Shadow took out every Assassin that came near her.

"Look out!" Luther gasped as an Assassin attacked from behind her. Shadow quickly spun around and kicked her her. Sending the Assassin across room, hitting a wall with enough force to knock her unconscious.

"Thanks." Shadow replied with a grin, she looked at Lex. His face full of shock and disbelief.

"How did you-"

"Look, We can't keep running up the stairs and dodging Assassins left and right." Shadow tried to calm herself, as she reached behind a potted plant and grabbed a black backpack. "Is there an easier way to get up to your office?!"

Lex thought for a moment. "Yes, I have a private elevator on the west wall."

"You couldn't tell me this sounder?! I've been running, and fighting in a rental dress!"

"Well I'm sorry my dear, but to be fair. You never ask."

"Fine, it's fine! Just tell me which detection west is." Shadow spoke trying to hold her rage.

"Left." Luther sighed, straightening his suit.

"I knew that." She replied, as they began walking.

They walked for while in silence. "Over here." Luther said as they aproched a silver elevator hidden behind some plants. Luther walked up to it, and a little light scanned his eye. The door opened with ease. "Lady's first." Lex jester to the door.

"Your building, you go." Shadow snapped, glaring the bald man.

"I won't go until you make sure it's safe." He grinned down at her, with his green eyes staring into Shadow's soul. Before she could object, Shadow heard foot steps enter the hall. "Over there!" An Assassin yelled, pointing the the two.

"Crap, get in!" Shadow shoved Luther into the elevator and jumped in just as the black robed killers apeared at the door. Shadow smiled waved as the door shut in their faces.

"You should change," Luther mentioned, as he glanced at her backpack. "That is what's inside your pack, is it not?"

"Yeah good idea." Shadow took off her gloves, then remembered she had company.  "Can a girl get a little privacy? Close you eyes, and face the wall." Lex followed her comands, and turned away.

"We're here." Luther confrimed as they stepped out of the elevator's door.

"No kidding." Shadow snapped as she stuffed her dress in the her backpack, as sat at Luther's desk.

"How did you change so quickly?" He asked as he poured himself a glass of scotch.

"Pratice," She replied as typed in Luther's computer. "There. I hacked into your computer system, and linked it to the in tire mainframe of the building."

"You did all of that in two minutes?" Lex raised an eyebrow. "What do you plan on doing?"

"Finding the team, and and have a little fun with the League of Assassins." She grinned as she typed.

'Hello? Shadow are there?' Her heard a female voice say inside her head.

'What the heck?!' Shadow knitted her eyebrows. 'Now I know I'm crazy.'

'Trust m, you're not crazy. Meg'han does this a lot.' Robin's voice also came in her mind.

'Robin? You're in here too?! Get out! Everybody out!'

'I'm sorry Shadow, but this is the best way we can communicate.' Mag'han said apologetically.

'Great, well I've hacked into building. And put all doors and vents. The Assassins can't escape.'

'But what about the civilians?!' Super Boy also spoke to her.

'Crap! I forgot about them!'

'Wait, you hacked into Lex Corp in how long?' Robin jealously asked.

'Bout a minute, why?'

'What about Luther?' Wally said, even in her thoughts, Shadow could still hear him chewing.

'He's fine,' Shadow replied. 'I'm in his office while his enjoys his leqoir.'

"Um, hello? The Assassins are at the window!" Luther yelled.

'Wonderful, they found us. I'm unlocking the private elevator. Feel free to join if you want.' Shadow jumped out of her chair and began fighting the heartless ninjas.

'We've made it to the elevator. Hacking the system now, this may take a few minutes. Unless....'

'Little busy Rob!' Shadow thought as fell on the ground, as more killers in black came flooding in.