Chapter 7

Will had his head on Grace's lap, his eyes closed as he tried to force away a headache. Being in this van on their way to Jersey was making him nauseous. He could feel Grace's finger tips gently move his hair back.

"Do you want an aspirin?" She asked.

"Please."

It was hard to believe that Grace had been here for a little over two weeks and already to everyone it felt as if she had been here from the start.

Hannibal watched them. The two had grown closer than expected. Even though everything between the two was platonic, Hannibal found himself having a strange feeling of jealousy. He wanted Grace's attention on him and had been trying to gain it over the time since he had met her. Grace was fascinating, yet strange.

He enjoyed her therapy sessions, just like he did Will's, but Grace was his new toy and he wanted to play.

"Try to sit up, Will. Lying down may be causing your nausea to be worse." Hannibal suggested.

He sat up, took his water bottle and swallowed the aspirin. Will lowered his head and rubbed his eyes wearily.

"How much further?" He asked Jack.

"About 60 miles." Jack answered. "Everything okay back there?"

"Just peachy." Will groaned and sighed in response.

"Will, this aspirin isn't very good." Grace said turning over the bottle in her hand.

"Well, it is over the counter." He retorted.

"You should try something else if you're having migraines."

"Probably right."

"There a few better things to treat them, believe me."

"Do you have migraines, Grace?" Hannibal asked.

"Yes." Grace said, her doe eyes watching his reaction.

Will sat silently, she told him about the headaches but she never mentioned them to the Doctor, why?

"When did this start?"

"Save it for therapy, Doctor." Called Jack.

Rude.

Grace averted her eyes to the floor and away from Hannibal.

Was Grace hiding this from him? Did she not trust him? Questions ran through Hannibal's mind. She was supposed to tell him these things, trust him. Did she worry about losing her job, because she thought Crawford would find out? Was that what she was afraid of?

He saw her medical file, she took prescribed medication,  but he had simply thought nothing of it. It was common enough to be used for a number of things. Was she using that for migraines?

She was right about Will needing something better. He would take care of that later.

The rest of the car ride remained silent.

When they stepped out into the crime scene, they were greeted not only by other investigators but a gruesome scene.

"Time to work." Will muttered as he put on his glasses and made his way down the alley.

Jack, Hannibal, and Grace followed from a distance. They stopped and Grace went to go closer but Jack gripped her causing her to stop and stay standing next to him.

"Okay Grace, I'm going to need you to look at Will and watch him." Jack instructed.

This was the first time Grace had gotten to go into the field with Will.