Ideas

Chapter Two

I walk over to help the guys affix the statues penis back to where it belongs. On a rather random note, Data pipes up, "Have you guys ever heard of Detroit?" 

Mikey shakes his head, "No." I could tell that at this moment he didn't exactly care either.

"Soitenly. That's where Motown started. It's also got the highest murder rate in the country." 

Mouth had to but in. I respond, "Dork."

Date speaks up once more, "Well let me tell you what, that's where we're moving when we lose our house tomorrow." 

Mikey looks up abruptly, "You shut up about that stuff. It'll never happen. My dad'll fix it." We had just reattached the penis when we hear a noise outside, but I disregard it as Mikey speaks up. "You glued it on upside down!" Just then Mikey's mom comes through the door; we all crowd around the porcelain piece and act as if nothing's wrong.

"Oh...hi mom!" 

"Hi, mom." The boys greet their mother, Mikeys' cool being slightly lost. 

"H-hi!" I elbow Chunk as he chimes in highly off cue. 

"Hi...mom." My heart gave a thump at Mike's stutter. Yes, the situation isn't the best time for this to be happening, but the more Mikey's nervousness slips out the cuter he is. 

His mom frowns at us."I saw that Data 'dropped' by." 

"Hi ." He says, sheepishly. 

"Hey, " I groan as my brother and I greet her at the same time. 

She cracks a smile, "Boys, this is Rosalita. Rosalita's going to help us with the packing just until my arm is better." 

"Olé!" I murmur at him under my breath and he hits me.

"Hola!" God, Mikey Walsh. You're so adorable.

"Uh, boys, Rosalita doesn't speak a word of English, and I know some of you have taken some Spanish in school..." I'm out of luck; for once I had put Mikey Walsh above my grades so I had opted out of taking higher up classes like languages.

"Well, Mrs. Walsh, I speak perfect Spanish. And if it's any help to you I'd be glad to communicate with Rosalita." Oh lord. I thought about warning that Mouth was always up to no good no matter what, but I think this could turn out amusing. Plus, I'm not a total kill joy. 

"You're a lifesaver Clark. Come with us, will you?" He clasps his hands together with fake innocence, "Why certainly ." He flashes us all a devilish grin before turning to follow them.

"Mikey, you do know he's just going to fuck with Rosalita?" I thought I'd go and warn him, no harm. He raises his eyebrows at me before shrugging. 

"There's no stopping Mouth." Mikey rushes over to the statue; I follow suit. 

"Do you think your mom's going to notice?" 

Looking exasperated Mikey says, "What?" 

"I think-"

 "Do you think your mom's going to notice that the dick and balls are missing?" Chunk's talking with his mouthful, speaking barely audible words, which I was trying to help him out with. 

"He said-" 

"I wonder if she'll notice.." 

Finally Chunk swallows as I sigh giving up, "That's what he said." Chunk nods stuffing his mouth some more. 

"Of course she'll notice! She notices everything."

Just then Mouth comes back. "Nice is my middle name, ." I roll my eyes and snort. He glares at me as I cover my face. He sits down nearly crushing me, using me as a chair. 

"Boys, I'm taking Rosalita to the supermarket. Now listen. I'm going to be back in an hour. Mikey, I don't want you outside. Brand if he's coming down with asthma I don't want him out in the rain."

 I couldn't help but to smile as Mikey squirmed next to me, clearly a little embarrassed. "He should be kept in a plastic bubble. " 

"I'm serious Brandon. That's not funny, he takes one step outside and you are in deep, absolutely the deepest s..sh-" 

"Shit Ma'." Mikey smirks at his mother's discomfort.

"I don't like that language, but that is exactly what you're going to be in-and you Dotta-Da-Data...use the back door from now on, okay?"

 Data sighs, "All right." Poor kid, it seemed a bit mean to take away his right to invent cool things. 

"What is that?" She sounds distressed and I look up at her as she points to the statue. 

"Ah, shit. What?" Disregarding her obvious disdain for the word he piped up, though we all knew what. 

"What is that?! That is a mess. I want it cleaned up boys." We all sigh; she meant Chunks potato chip stash going on. 

"Oh yeah, sure!" 

"You got it."

 "Sure thing,." She turns to leave for good this time and as Rosalita glances back my brother blows her a kiss, "Adios, Senorita!" She hurries out the door. I laugh.

"What the hell did you do to the poor woman?" He shrugs. 

"Maybe you should clean up your mess, boys." I hit him on the back of the head. 

"Hey, watch it!" Mikey grabs the loose chips, throwing them away. It's hard to think that in less than a day this will be gone. Just hanging out together with my best friends...

Brand grabs Mikey pulling him into his lap, "You want a breathing problem? You've got one." 

Mouth pushes himself off of me, "Hey, what's your dad doing with all the stuff in the attic?" 

He looks over at my brother with a sad look in his eyes, "He's going to give it back to the museum or whoever they pick to be the new assistant curly...or kerney." 

I hate myself I really do, I can't stop myself from glancing over at him. Wanting to see what those precious, fumbling lips might feel like against mine. 

"Curator." Brand and I correct him at the same time.

He gets slightly agitated, as usual, but argues that that had been what he said. He always does that. "Hey, wait a minute guys. Maybe there is some stuff in the attic for us. Some stuff we can keep from the old siders. Some rich stuff." Oh my brother and his ideas.