Run Away

Well it wasn't long before we made it downstairs and were laying out a plan. Brand sat in a recliner exercising his arms.

"Okay, so on three we gotta do something. " I whispered, thinking aloud. 

"Ya think we could hold him down?" Mikey nodded. 

"Okay, well we can tie'em up with that dumb doohickey." 

Mikey grinned, "Nice plan Mouth." We made sure to stay quiet as we counted off quick. Chunk and I jumped onto Brand and my brother and Mikey worked to twist the coils together. "Come on,come on!" 

We rushed outside as Brand yelled. "When I get outta this I'm gonna hit you so hard, that once you wake up your clothes'll be outta style!"

All of us pushed each other out Data had already been out waiting on us. As Mikey groaned at my brother, who let the air out of Brands bike tires, I realized I'd have to share a bicycle, if we were actually going to be out of here anytime soon.

"Clark!" I tried to get on his handle bars, but he shoved me off. "Go sit in your lovers bike." He groaned. 

I hit him before running over to Mikey. I fidgeted, "Mikey, I gotta ride with you,I mean, unless you don't want me to, I could run and keep up." I rambled, but he laughed, almost nervously. 

"Come on, hurry up." Everyone started to pedal fast; I clung to Mikey's bike for my life as we rode up to the edge of where the land dropped off to meet the shoreline.

The map flew out of his hands and he abandoned the bike, yanking me along to keep me from hitting the ground. He picked up the rolled up paper and ran to the others, my hand in his the whole way. I chewed the inside of my cheek to keep myself from smiling. "Okay,okay.." He mumbled, eyeing the map. "Mouth,read that." 

Data and Chunk crowded around the three of us, I'm pretty sure my brother translated how many paces to go and what direction, based on the sudden jolt of all of us going a new direction excitedly, however I couldn't concentrate when they'd all had my face pushed so close to Mikeys.

We halted once more and Mike looked through the maps holes that were guides, they directed us to the restaurant on near the shore. "Isn't that a summer place?" Chunk piped up.

"Yeah ,but there're cars, what's it doing open in the winter?" Data asked a good question, 

"I don't know, but I think we'll find out." As I was misted by the ocean spray, I bravely grabbed Mikey's hand and started trudging on. I rolled my eyes as Mouth made faces at me. We stopped and our eyes becoming glued to the building.

We took cover behind some bigger rocks before we paused to get a good look. A second black car had pulled in and a man in a trench coat was visible as he knocked on the door. We all started talking. "Do you think it's drug dealers?" Chunk asked, almost stuttering. 

I shook my head as Data spoke, "Drug dealers wouldn't be caught dead in those polyester rags!" I rolled my eyes, his lisp only added to the humorous remark.

We all jumped as gun shots were heard,I slipped falling on Mikey. When we checked and looked back at the run down restaurant we saw a black trash bag being carried out. "C'mon, they're leaving." Mikey said.  Mikey started walking, pulling me along, since I'd never let go of his hand. 

I could hear Chunk stuttering."G-guys,I don't know about this. This doesn't seem safe."

All of us rolled our eyes as we went along. We walked up in front and-regretfully pulling away from Mikey-I peeked through the windows along with everyone except for Chunk. He was running his hand across the wooden boards that made up the shabby building. He cursed seeing a Pepsi cooler that turned out empty. We walked in and Mouth was immediately criticizing the place.

We all jumped and a woman who looked as if she'd been around a while scared us. "How long you kids been in that window ?" She shut the door and I jumped back against Mikey. All of us sort of stood in shock, stuttering. "Just long enough to see this place needs about a a dozen roach motels." Chunk squealed as the woman snorted. "What do you kids want? Some water?" Mikey's voice was lost as his lips moved,"yes, water thanks!" My voice shook as I clutched Mikey's arm."I want a good fettuccine Alfredo. I want a bottle of fettuccine 1981." Mouth smirked as he walked around, scaring the hell out of us all.

That is until the woman grabbed him squeezing his cheeks so his tongue stuck out. "We only serve tongue here." She flipped a switch blade out, holding it against him. "You boys like-" 

"Stop it dammit!" I bit down on my tongue hard after I spoke. I felt Mikey breathing hard next to me. The lady released Mouth. 

"Oh, we got two smart ones here." Just then a guy come up from a basement, yelling in Italian, he stopped abruptly seeing us. They argued in Italian and then the woman forced us to sit down and drink water. Chunk missed his seat and toppled over. The hag gave us glasses, but it was water.

"I'm not drinking this." Mouth said.

"Yeah,this isn't water." He smirked at my contribution. 

"It's wet ain't it?" 

"M-ma'am, I need to use the bathroom." 

"Can't you wait?" She sighed, he shook his head.

"Fine,go down the basement. Stay to the right!" 

"Mikey, Mikey, this ain't the kinda place ya wanna use the bathroom in." 

"Why not?" The lady growled. "Cause uh,there might be daddy long legs." 

"Hey Mikey,gotta go to the bathroom?" Mouth poured water from cup to cup. 

"Dead things Mikey,dead things!" Chunk whisper yelled through the commotion as Mikey got up. He shrugged and I watched him go left into the basement.