Stuck

I took a breathe and stood still, I stared at Mikey, but I was unable to look directy into his eyes. I did hear it though."If the water's draining...then that means," I looked at Mikey to confirm my thoughts and he nodded.

"Yeah! There's a level below the basement." Mikey rolled off of me, sitting back on his elbows."Dyou here that you guys?" I smiled but that faded quite a bit once I realized everyone staring at Mikey and me both.

"What are you talking about? Mike what the hell was that?" My brother stared down Mikey, an amused look on his face. It was then that I happened to realize that we had been whispering--or talking very quietly at the least since he had fallen practically into the crevice of my neck. 

"Mouth! Sh-shut up. " I glared at him as Mikey stammered a bit. I stood up, wiping some of the musty dirty off of myself. "Listen, if you'd be quiet long enough, you'd hear that. The water's draining." I pointed at the ground and Clark stared at me as everyone hushed up, he stuck his tongue out though nobody noticed. 

I rolled my eyes at him. "Brand! We gotta start digging--or, no, wait!" He looked around the room and spotted the fireplace once again. Mikey walked towards it, Brand close on his heels. "We gotta go Mike," Brandon grabbed his wrist but he turned around swiftly looking Brand dead in the eye.

"Hey, guys." Just before Mikey and Brand were about to get into it, Chunk spoke up from across the room. We all turned, curious to see what could have possibly distracted Chunk from the argument that was about to ensue."They got Swensons! Oh look, they got Pralines 'n Cream and Mississippi Mud! And they got Chocolate Eruption and they got Apple--oh and they got grape..."

He prattled on as everyone exchanged looks of,' is he serious?' until we all looked over when the chubby kid screamed dramatically."It's a stiff!" Just about the time he screamed a door slammed shaking the wooden floorboards above us. Everybody froze and exchanged glances. We all huddled close together, listening. This time, I felt Mikes fingers curl around my hand.

They argued above us about somebody having of left the door unlocked and Chunk mumbled about their pizza which only he'd be able to smell,"Chunk, hush." I elbowed him, shaking my head. From above I could make out the Italians switch in conversation, now they were arguing about the pizza Chunk correctly predicted as being pepperoni.

"Shit." Mouth whispered and as I glanced at him, I was able to follow his finger to see what he was pointing at. I squeezed Mikeys hand as I saw a dead body sitting on the floor."We gotta put him back." Brand sighed, unhappy with the whole situation. We all scrambled to put it back in and locked the freezer back as quietly as possible.

"Come on , Mikey." Brand grabbed his arm forcefully but he refused to move.

"No. Brand--the fireplace, it's the only way out. We'll never make it the other way." A smile rose to his face and he looked at me and I couldn't help, but smile back. I looked over everybody, namely my brother."Let's do it." He mocked me as quietly as possible and when he walked past me he whispered,"Anything for your loverboy." I shook my head at him.

"What?" Brand looked astounded. 

"It all starts here." Mikey turned the both of us around and he walked us to the fireplace and began yanking at the grate. He climbs down the small shaft and I followed, we could hear the shuffling of the others and just as their feet appeared, Mikey leaned forward kissing me cheek and smiling at me sheepishly. 

I looked down, smiling as well, a blush on my cheek.

"Come on, hurry up, the Fratellis are coming." We could hear creaking on the stairs as Brand filed down last and closed the grate back. Brand shook his head, not very thrilled. He scanned all of us and looked up suddenly,"Where's Chunk?" Mikey shrugged. "He's up there."

Brandon groaned and as the Fratellis footsteps ceased, he peeked up from the fireplace and Chunk pried open the freezer door, shivering and mumbling. He scurried over to fireplace where Mikey was now visible,"Go get the police." Brand quipped.

"Chunk, we're in some serious shit here. You've gotta get the police." Chunk stumbles back, knocking a broom over to reveal a window. "That's perfect--go out that window Chunk. And hurry!" Chunk walks to the window and hops up on it cautiously, nobody waited to see if he made it out as we got a move on in wherever we were. Was it underground?

It was pretty dark down here, as we huddled together we could barely make out each others shape. Mikey held my hand and I felt like I was going to pass out. This still isn't the time, I scolded myself, but the butterflies I had in my stomach where hard to ignore.

Not too long into our walk, which I was thoroughly enjoying, Andy had begun to whine."How much further are we going?"

"Ow!" Stef yelped,"You stepped on my foot! Now I dropped my glasses." As everyone continued to walk a crunch was heard followed by a pathetic apology by my brother. I ran into him as he had stopped, picking up Stefs damaged glasses."Sorry...looks like they're broken." I heard her scoff at him and I grinned, tapping him.

"Nice going." I leaned into him to whisper,"That's the way to get the girl." He slapped my arm, aiming blindly."Shut up." He hissed at me, I couldn't help but giggle.

"Listen, guys since I'm the oldest, I'm in charge. First,we'll...?" We all stopped, but it was impossible to tell what was around us or how far we'd gone.

Mikey released my hand, turning around feeling the air,"Data? Do you have a light?" 

"Hey!" Brand yelled."I said I'm in charge. Well, Data?"I sighed, biting my lip so I didn't laugh and cause any more problems. It was obvious that Brand was determined to fight Mikey this whole way.