Can we?

ALDEN's POV

Tawang tawa ako sa kanya kanina. Parang baby. Ang cute.

"Alden, tara dun tayo!"

"Sigurado ka ha. Okay ka lang? Mataas to." I felt so worried na inaya niya kong sumakay sa EKstreme. By the looks of her, napasubo yata siya.

"Pag akyat natin makikita mo bahay namin." I jokingly told her to calm her nerves.

"Oo sige, tas pag akyat natin, tatalon tayo sa bahay niyo." Her voice shaking.

Kung pwede lang, iuwi nalang kita.

We went up slowly and fell down quickly. I can't explain the rush. Parang yung feelings ko lang kay Maine, ang tagal naming hinintay to, pero parang ang bilis kong nahulog sakanya.

After KS, I had to go. I have a mall show pa. Too bad, I wanted to spend the rest of the day with her, kasi walang dull moment. Every second I'm with her, I feel so alive.

I went home after the show. I quickly prepared for bed. I was so tired after today pero di ko maalis sa isip ko si Meng. This day was so special to me. I saw another side of Meng. Alam kong funny siya, given na yun but today she showed me her carefree self. Yung mga galaw niya, natural. Yung parang hindi siya on cam. And I like it.

Browsing through instagram and twitter, I saw pictures of us during the EK date. Meng looks so happy. I look so happy. I've never seen myself smile like this before.

//

AUTHOR's POV

Alden can't sleep. It's 4:34am. He's laying in bed, thinking about, Maine.

For the last few days, it's been like this. He feels so restless even though He should be tired from all the tapings and mall shows he's been doing. His mind is overcome by thoughts of her. "I don't know what to do."

"Should I tell her how I truly feel? Na hindi na actingan tong nararamdaman ko? Iba na kanina e. The way she hugged me when I gave her the stuffed toy, it made my heart race. All the feelings came in. I shrugged it off because I thought, baka dahil lang love team kami. But it was different. It felt different." Alden says to himself.

He checks his phone, it's 6am. Where did time go?

*It was a Sunday. After SPS. It was Maine and Alden's free time*

Maine just finished taping for PITP. While waiting for her driver to pick her up, Maine's phone beeped.

"Are you free right now? Can we meet?" It was a text message from Alden.

Maine smiled and responded, "Sure. But I have to tell my parents muna."

"I already did. Pinagpaalam na kita kanina. I'll just come and pick you up right now. Wait for me 🙂" Alden responded.

Maine had 30 minutes to herself, and her mind goes wild. Her face flushed, hands clutched together, feet restless. "Hmm, what is About?"

*Beep beep*

Alden's car pulled up and he came out.

"Hi." Alden said

"Hi." Maine responded, "So where are we going?"

"Basta, trust me. You're gonna like it."

"Ayoko na sa EK, Alden, ha. Ayoko na bumalik sa EKstreme. Na-trauma na yata ako." Maine jokingly said.

Alden smiled as he took Maine's hand and assisted her to the passenger's seat. "Just trust me."

They travelled for what seems like forever and they were both anxious and restless in the car. Then, Alden pulled up at a location overlooking the Taal volcano. He had a couch set under the trees with little twinkling lights hung on the branches. It was dusk and they made it just in time to watch the sunset. "Beautiful." Maine whispered.

Alden looked at Maine and said to himself, "Yes, you are."

"Tara, Maine, upo na tayo." Maine sat on the couch and Alden sat inches beside her.

"Alden, kinakabahan ako. Bakit ba tayo nandito? Anong meron?" Maine questioned.

"Uhm. I, uh, I'm not very good at this." Alden nervously said.

Maine face was full of queries. "yes?"

"I want to admit something. Nung una kitang nakita sa screen, hindi ko inakalang magkakaganito ako dahil sayo. I am used to having different actresses paired with me but our love team seems different. It came so suddenly and unexpectedly and I thought it would die down immediately, but it didn't. And with that, I, I, I felt something...for you." Alden said.

Alden held Maine's right hand and said, "I can't explain it. Ilang araw na akong hindi makatulog. Ikaw ang tumatakbo sa isip ko. Yung ngiti mo, yung nakakahawa mong tawa, at yung mata mong parang nangungusap sakin hindi mawala sa isip ko. You are the content of my dreams. At first I thought, baka dahil lang ito sa love team natin on screen pero iba ito Maine, ibang iba."

Maine responds, "Pero, Alden, sigurado ka ba? I'm not like other girls. I'm shy, I almost always keep to myself. I have a lot of insecurities, most of the time I feel like I'm not good enough. Sometimes I eat too much. I act like a kid at times. Sakitin ako. Pikon ako. Baka mapagod ka kakasuyo sa akin. Madali akong magtampo at random things. I'm not perfect. I've been hurt before, and I don't know if my heart is ready to open up to you."

"But you're good enough, more than enough for me. You may be a little rough around the edges but you are not afraid to be yourself. You're fearless." Alden said.

Alden took Maine's face between his hands and his gaze on her.

"You bring out the best in me. You may not be perfect, but you're perfect for me."

"Maine, can we make this for real?"

-------------