Gesture

ALDEN's POV

One of the most admirable things about Maine is that, she's not hard to please.

She may be one heck of an internet sensation, but is satisfied with little things. It doesn't take much to put a smile on her face.

//

"Hatid na kita Meng." I approached her after taping for the EB Christmas episode.

"Sige, wala naman na akong gagawin after eh." She said, while smiling at me.

I carried her stuff and put it in my car. And then we drove off to Bulacan.

While driving, kwentuhan kami. Anything under the sun; from elementary subjects to life before showbiz to the types of street food we love. Kahit anong topic may kwento.

I love seeing her like this.

She's like a kid who got to taste candy for the first time. Ang gaan niyang kasama. Ang lakas pa niyang tumawa, yung tipong labas na ang tonsils at singkit na ang mata. Sarap niyang pagmasdan. Lalo akong naiinlove.

Parang ayoko nang matapos yung mga oras na yon. Kasi unti unti ko nang nabbreak down yung walls ni Maine. Mas lalo ko pa siyang nakikilala. Mas lumalalim ang relationship namin bilang friends. At mas lalong lumalalim ang pagmamahal ko sakanya.

We're nearing her house. About 2km nalang nasa village na nila, when we passed by this dirty ice cream cart.

"Uy, ice cream! Tara Tisoy, bili tayo."

"Hala, Meng baka pagkaguluhan ka jan." I said.

"Hindi, konti lang tao oh. Saka di naman tayo bababa. Tabihan mo lang si Kuya."

I parked near the cart and opened my window.

"Anong flavor gusto mo?"

"Cheese, please." She was giddy.

"Kuya isang, 10pesos, sa cone, yung cheese daw." I said to Mamang sorbetero

"Tisoy oh, bigay mo kay Kuya tong bayad."

She handed me a 500 peso bill.

"Huy, walang panukli si Kuya dito."

"Hindi, ibigay mo yan tas sabihin mo kay kuya, keep the change."

I smiled. Ibang klase ka Meng, ang generous mo.

So I did the same, I bought another one and handed Kuya two 500 peso bills after getting our ice cream cones, and then drove off.

Whilst eating my ice cream, I asked Maine, "Bakit 500 binigay mo?"

"Kasi pinasaya niya ako. Worth 10pesos lang to pero it made my day. Tagal ko na hindi nakakakain nito." She said while busy licking her ice cream cone.

"Para kang bata, Meng" I replied.

"Eh ikaw rin naman eh, binigay mo rin 500. Gaya gaya ka" she said while pouting.

"Wala lang. Giving back lang." I said.

Like I said, she's not hard to please. Even that small, 10 peso ice cream cone made her giddy and happy. And aside from that, she returned the favor. Imagine how happy Kuya sorbetero must be from receiving 1000 pesos for 2 ice cream cones.

And that's another thing I love about her. She makes me better. She influences me to do good to others, especially in those little things.

I told myself, thank You Lord for blessing me with her. She's all that I ever wanted and all that I hoped for.

------------------

1k reads na. Yey! 😭