Compromise

This is a continuation of the 'Caught in the Middle' chapter
Enjoy!

-------------------

MAINE's POV

Oh, it's like music to my ears. I didn't realize that tears started to fall from my eyes and without hesitation and without breaking our gaze, I replied,

"I love you too, Richard Faulkerson Jr."

If only I had said that out loud.

But I wanted to hold back. Syempre girl ako. Pa-hard to get muna. So I just agreed to RJ courting me.

//

It's been two weeks since I said yes to Rj's panliligaw and to be honest, parang di ko pa gaanong nararamdaman. Parang wala naman masyadong pinagbago. He's still the same to me. But I also feel that he's kind of holding back. Weird. Napaisip tuloy ako, ano kayang sinabi ni tatay sakanya nung nagusap sila in private? Kaloka.

Anyway, haba ng hair ko. Hatid sundo ako almost everyday ni Tisoy. Yun lang siguro nagbago sa pakikitungo niya sakin. Grabe, sipag niya. Imagine, he drives me to Bulacan and he goes home to Laguna. Gas pa lang lugi na siya. Nahihiya na nga ko sa kanya eh. Kasi may driver at bodyguard naman ako, pero pinipilit pa din niyang siya ang maghatid sa akin. At siya pa rin ang nagdrive kahit may driver siya. A, for effort Rj. Kudos.

May alone moments din kami sa car niya minsan pag hinahatid niya ako. And ako naman, pakipot siyempre. Pero pigil na pigil. I want to lean on him when I feel sleepy and hold his hand to wake him up while driving but no, hard to get nga di ba. So most of the time, I just sit there sa passenger's seat, sometimes looking out the window or engaging in small talk but I never initiate anything. Same with Tisoy, hindi siya touchy sa akin. He's still keeping his distance even when we're alone. To which I admire the most about him. He never takes advantage of me.

Maybe that's what Tatay told him. And I admire him for keeping his promise to my Dad. Pero sometimes, nahahalata kong nagpipigil sin siya. Kasi alam kong affectionate siya eh. There was this time when we just finished a commercial shoot and he said that he will take me home. That time, I got used to him fetching me from Bulacan and taking me back, so hindi ko na pinasama yung driver and bodyguard ko. Pinayagan naman ako nila Tatay kasi nasanay na rin sila. We were so tired because we also had taping for MBL earlier that day. So I said, "Rj, ako na lang magdrive gusto mo? Mas mukhang pagod ka na kesa sa akin eh. Give me your keys."

Midway yawning he said, "Hindi Meng ako na. Give me your stuff so I can put it in the trunk."

"You sure? Because you look like you haven't slept in 3 days." I replied whilst walking to his car

"Yes I'm sure. Sige na, sakay ka na. Ilagay ko lang gamit natin sa likod." He replied while smiling at me, showing his dimple.

So he drove. It was around 2 am then and I can see how droopy his eyes were. I wanted to relieve him from his manliligaw duties but he kept on saying no.

I eventually stopped in insisting and was biting my lip, dahil nagtitiis ako. Hindi ko kayang makita siyang nahihirapan. And then, I didn't notice agad that he was glancing at me. And he was blushing.

"Tisoy, okay ka lang?"

Hindi siya nakasagot kaagad. He was also biting his lip, showing his dimple and blushing at the same time. And he was holding on to the steering wheel with both hands which he never does. Aba, anong meron?

"Huy, Rj. Okay ka lang?"

Tumango lang siya. Weird.

-----------------------------

ALDEN's POV

If only you knew, Meng.

Of how much I want to hold your hand and intertwine my fingers with yours, and touch your face, putting it between my hands, feeling your soft and smooth skin, and put my arms around your waist, feeling your subtle curves, and rest my head on your shoulders, bathing in your sweet scent, and wrap my arms around you, my chin resting on your shoulders, and oh, how I long to put my lips on yours, tasting your soft, sweet and full lips.

How I long to touch you, Maine,

Pero hindi, hindi pa ito ang tamang panahon. Ang hirap panindigan, Tito Teddy.

Ilang beses ko nang pinipigilan ang sarili ko. Ayoko kasi maramdaman ni Meng lalo na pag kaming dalawa lang na nagtake advantage ako sakanya. Yes, affectionate kami on screen, kasi pwede naman, dahil maraming nakakakita. But I don't want that when we're alone. I want to win over her trust. I want her to feel safe around me. Pero, grabe siya. Ang hirap talaga.

Magtitiis ako. I want to earn her 'sweet yes' first. For now, okay na muna ang galawang breezy on screen.