Dreams

December 22, 2015

ALDEN's POV

Today is the premiere of our first movie together.

Wow. Time flies by fast. It's a lot to take in. In a matter of 5 months, we, Maine and myself  had gone through a lot of changes. We were blessed with more than what we prayed for. More than the fame and the popularity, I gained a friend, a companion, a partner. Her.

//

I woke up this morning feeling ecstatic and anxious. It's probably because of the movie premiere later, and of course, because I'm going to be watching it with Maine by my side. She's always been there to support me even before I professed my feelings for her and for that I'm so grateful.

My first thoughts of this morning was about her. Lately, she's been coming into my dreams. And I guess that even though my physical body is tired, I feel fully rested when I wake up because I dream of her.

I rub my eyes, reached for my phone and text her.

To Maine
Good morning, beautiful 😉 excited ka na para mamaya?

Within 5 minutes, I received a reply.

From Maine
Yes, super 😭 I couldn't sleep nga last night. Call me? Please

After reading, I quickly dialed her number.

"Hello Maine. How are you?"

"Uhhh. Eto, kabado na for later. I can't bear to watch myself on screen. What should I do to ease my anxiety, Rj?"

"Just breathe, Meng. Remember, I'll be by your side, rooting for you. Galing mo kayang actress."

"Nako, Tisoy. Ang aga aga nambobola ka. Hmp."

"Totoo naman kasi. Ikaw lang yata ang di nakakakita sa talent mo. Believe in yourself please, because I believe in you."

"Awwww. So, what are you up to today? Free ka din ba until the premiere?"

"Yes Meng. Uhm, di ba aalis ka na for Japan with your family bukas?"

"Yep! We'll be spending Christmas and New Year there."

"Uhm, Meng, pwede magrequest?"

"Sure, Rj. Ano yun?"

"Can I have time with you tonight after the premiere? Gusto ko sana ng alone time with you bago kayo umalis for Japan. Mamimiss kita eh.. Sobra"

"Uhh, sure. Sure. Anong plans?"

"Surprise na yun. And don't worry, I asked for permission from your parents na earlier this week. So, everything is set. Ikaw na lang ang kulang."

//

I spent all my free time before the premiere to prepare for our date. It was nothing grand, because I know Maine doesn't like that. I was planning for us to have dinner under the stars, so I found the perfect place and arranged all the things needed.

After that, I prepared for the premiere. I arrived first at the venue and Maine soon followed. It was so surreal to watch ourselves on screen. I had to remind myself that, kami yun. And I'm sure Maine feels the same way. I kept looking at her whilst watching the movie. Palaging umiiwas yung tingin niya sa screen every time may scene siya. Natatawa na nga lang ako eh. Di pa yata matanggap na artista na siya. She's really a humble person. Imagine, in 5 months, she gained millions of fans world wide but she still managed to stay who she is. Another reason why I adore her.