Control

Continuation of 'Compromise'

Enjoy!

----------------

ALDEN's POV

"Huy, Rj. Okay ka lang?"

Tanong ni Meng.

Hindi, hindi ako okay. Pinipigilan ko lang ang sarili ko. Konti nalang sasabog na ako.

I'm a very affectionate person, especially to the ones I love. Mahilig ako mangyakap, beso, akbay, ganun. Pero hindi ko magawa kay Maine.

Stop biting your lip, please. Because I want to bite it myself.

Halata naman onscreen on how much I want to steal a kiss from her, kahit sa cheeks lang. Nakailang attempts na nga ako eh. Pero no luck. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to take advantage of her and heck no, I'm no pervert, but I just want her to feel how much I adore and love her. Ugh. Ang hirap.

Sometimes, when I take her home, and she falls asleep in the car, I stop, park and just watch her for a good 10 mins. She looks so angelic and peaceful when she's asleep. She's so beautiful. And I say to myself, damn, I completely adore her.

"Uy, Richard!" She said, breaking my trance. She put her hand on my cheek.

I froze for 3 seconds. Then, I just nodded yes.

"I-park mo nga muna yung kotse, Rj. Mukhang hindi ka okay eh."

Nahalata na ba niya ako. I quickly pulled over at an empty parking lot near a closed restaurant. I turned off the engine and faced her.

"Okay ka lang ba, Rj? What's wrong? May sakit ka ba? Your face feels warm kasi." She said. Again, touching my face.

"Uhh, hindi okay lang ako." I forced a smile kasi ang totoo hindi ako okay. Pigil na pigil ako.

"You sure? Kasi parang ang weird mo lately. I feel like lumalayo ka sakin, physically. Magbump lang yung kamay natin or hawakan ko lang yung balikat mo, you jump kaagad. Anong meron?"

Sabi na nga ba eh, halata.

I broke our gaze and looked outside. I was hesitant to answer, baka kasi anong isipin niya pag nalaman niya yung totoo. I didn't say anything for the next 2 minutes. The silence enveloped us.

And then, she broke the silence by cupping my face with her hands and bringing my gaze back at her.

"Rj, you can tell me anything. Tayong dalawa, remember?"

I put my hands on hers whilst still on my face and answered her.

"I'm controlling myself around you, Meng."

I put her hands back on her lap.

"Controlling yourself around me? Di ko gets."

I can't, I can't do this anymore.

"You know how affectionate I am, but I'm holding back when we're alone because I don't want you to feel that I'm taking advantage of you. God knows how much I want to hold your hand, embrace you, caress your face, and.....kiss you."

Hindi ko na napigilan. There, I said it.

"I want you to know how much I love you and that I'm already yours even though you haven't said yes."

She put her hands on her cheeks. She was blushing, I can tell.

Moving closer to me, she put her head on my shoulder.

"It's okay Rj, I don't mind. You can hug me, put your arm on my shoulder, lean on me, it doesn't bother me. Basta, bawal muna ang kiss. Yun lang naman,"

I smiled and pulled her into a bear hug.

After 1 minute, she broke off. She looked straight into my eyes and said, "Thank you for loving me. I don't know why you chose me, but thank you. Sana hindi ka mapagod kahit moody ako minsan or makulit. Basta Rj, stay ka lang please. It will be worth it, I promise."

You're worth it, Maine.

I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you for letting me love you. You are so much more than what I hoped and prayed for. God knows how long I waited for you to come into my life and I thank Him so much for blessing me with.. You. Love life lang ang gusto ko pero He gave me a best friend, a cheer leader, a supporter, a partner in crime, a life line, an adviser, a good influence, lahat na all in one, He gave me you."

I saw tears flowing from her eyes but she was smiling from ear to ear. And then, she planted a kiss on my cheek.

----------------------