four

✿✿✿✿

"It's too big!" I moaned. Phil burst out laughing. "What are you, a 10-year old? I meant the shirt, dickwad."

"I know what you meant. Anyway, oh well," Phil responded, keeping his eyes locked on me from his position on the bed. I looked at myself in the mirror, his oversized Sonic t-shirt over my head. "You look cute."

I felt blood rushing to my cheeks and cleared my throat, looking down. "Do not."

"Whatever you say, Howell."

I giggled. "Well, now that I'm dressed, what movie are we watching?"

"I don't know, something on Netflix."

"Netflix and chill?" I teased. We both laughed and I flopped onto my back beside him. Phil laid down next to me, the two of us looking up at the ceiling.

"So, Howell, what got you to like soccer?"

I exhaled. "Nothing, really. I just sucked at everything my dad wanted me to do. I found soccer and actually didn't suck at it. Well, that's not what my dad thinks." Phil looked me and I shut my eyes, shaking my head. "I didn't mean to say that last part, forget I said that."

Phil sat up, looking down at me. "It's fine. You can trust me."

"Well, you did save my ass back at the cinema. Literally," I joked, changing the subject.

Phil laughed, and then suddenly it died down. We locked eyes and he slowly rolled over until he was straddling me. "I have a serious question to ask you."

"Y-yeah?" I responded, mentally slapping myself for stuttering. Phil leaned down until our noses were brushing. I gulped.

"Are you ticklish?" He whispered. Then he burst out laughing.

"What the f-" I cut myself with a yelp when he began tickling my sides, thrashing around and trying to shove him off. "Phil! No! Stop it!"

"Phil, huh? No more last names?" He smirked, still tickling me. I jumped up and knocked him over, the two of us toppling over the bed and onto the carpet, his body atop mine. "Ouch."

I giggled, shoving my hair out of my face with my free hand.

We locked eyes again, my gaze darting to his lips for a split-second before they went back to staring at him. Without warning he was leaning down, his lips slightly parted and hair ruffled. My heart was pounding a hundred miles per second, my eyes widening.

I felt his hot breath tickle my lips and shut my mouth, tickling him to get him off me. He chuckled but fell off. Thank god.

The laughing died down. "I should go."

Phil looked over at me, raising an eyebrow. "But we haven't even watched a movie yet? Why so soon?"

"I know," I said, standing up and wiping my hands on my jeans. "I may or may not have snuck out just to go on this date with you."

Phil laughed at me, standing up and placing his hands on my shoulders. "I'll drop you off at the cinema. It's the least I could do. Don't forget, you still owe me a movie night."

I nodded and we went downstairs, driving in silence back to the theater. We parked and I sighed.

I grinned to myself, looking down at my feet. "Bye, Lester."

"Bye, Howell."

I opened the door and climbed out, freezing and turning back to look at him. "Wait! Your shirt!"

He laughed. "Keep it," Phil responded, then shot me a wink. My eyes widened and I felt my face heating over. "You're adorable." He laughed then drove away.

"I am not! I'm a man! I'm sexy!" I yelled after him, ignoring the weird looks I got from strangers. I walked back to the bike rack and stopped.

My bike wasn't there.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What the hell? Did someone seriously steal my bike?

The cold air was making my nose red and stuffy, my eyes burning from the freezing wind and teeth chattering. People walked by, their hands either intertwined with their significant other's or shoved in their pockets.  

I groaned, running my hands through my hair. I began to search for a payphone, spotting one and digging a few coins from my pocket. I placed them in the slot and dialed Tyler's number.

"Hello?" Tyler grumbled tiredly.

"Did I wake you up?" I laughed.

"Yeah. What is it, Dan?"

"I need a ride. Someone stole my bike."

"You need a ride from me or from Phil? And for Phil, I mean that literally."

"Tyler!" I cried. "Shut up!"

Tyler cackled over the phone before speaking up. "Alright, I'll pick you up in five, asshole."

"Love you," I giggled.

"Love you more, asswipe," he responded, laughing before hanging up. I set the phone back and got into his car when he arrived. "Whose shirt is that?" He raised an eyebrow.

I crossed my arms, hiding my blush by looking out the window. "Phil's," I muttered. Tyler opened his mouth to speak and I turned to him, cutting him off. "We didn't have sex!"

"Dammit."

I rolled my eyes. "How'd it go after I left?"

"I just told her I'd find them another time then left."

I nodded and we drove the rest of the way home in silence. He parked and I got out. "Thanks, Ty."

Tyler waved and drove off. I looked through the window to see the lights were off, indicating my parents were asleep.

I pushed open the door, searching around for Buffy. She came out, tilting her head at me. I put a finger to my lips again, walking up the stairs. I actually made it without getting caught? I kicked my shoes off before getting to my bedroom door, pushing it open. I flipped on the light switch, letting out a scream.

My mother was sitting on my bed, her face red with anger and her arms crossed. She stood.

"Hi, mom."

She glared at me. "You're grounded for a month now."

I exhaled. So much for not getting caught.