eleven

✿✿✿✿

"Nice rehearsal yesterday," Phil teased. I glared at him.

"Right back at you, stripper."

"Please, you fell for it. Literally. Off a wooden balcony."

"Stop repressing cringeworthy memories!" I whined. "It's your brother's fault anyway. Why did he even make pot brownies?"

"He's done it before. Brought 'em to school and given them to teachers. It's hilarious, actually. You just happened to be dumb enough to eat it."

"Hey! If it's food, I take it!" I snappily replied. Phil rolled his eyes, turning on our school's street.

"So your mom doesn't hate me?" Phil questioned. I shot him a lopsided smile.

"No. My dad doesn't know about us. But by my mother's reaction, I'm allowed to kiss you as much as I want."

Phil parked, smirking. "Is that so?" He leaned forward. I giggled, taking his face in my hands, leaning towards his lips, but then turning his head and kissing his cheek instead. "Tease."

I watched as Phil reddened over, clearing his throat and averting my gaze. I laughed. "If you want a real kiss, you'll have to work a lot harder than that, sweetheart."

Phil scoffed. "I'll have you on me in no time."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge, Lester?"

"Maybe it is, Howell."

I chortled, unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out. "Prepare to get your ass kicked, then."

"I prefer spanked, but if that's what your into to-"

"Gross, come on!" I whimpered, snorting. Phil chuckled before flowing me out of the vehicle and up to the building. The bell rang and Phil and I parted ways.

I found my seat, watching as Nick strutted into the room and spotted me. Before he could sit with me, however, a girl named Victoria took his seat, getting to work. I shot him an apologetic look and he waved me off, mouthing that it was okay.

He found his seat and we sat through the class working until the teacher told us to pack our stuff.

I shot him a friendly smile and he stood next to me, flashing me a lopsided smile. "Hey, Dan."

"Hey, Nick. Made any more pot brownies?" I joked. He laughed.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I should've had your consent, I just thought it would be funny and I expected by this time for you to have already tried it," he apologized. I waved him off. "How was it, anyway?"

"Weird. I felt, like, unfocused and like I was on the third lap on rainbow road in Mario Kart."

Nick chortled. "You like Mario, huh?" I nodded. "Phil and I have some Mario games back at home if you wanna come over tonight?"

"It is a Friday night. . ." I began to reason. I then smiled at him. "Sure, I'd love to."

The bell then rang and I stood. Without warning, Nick leaned over and I froze. I felt his lips press my cheek and I let out a tiny gasp, feeling my whole body heat over. He giggled at my reaction. "See you tonight, Daniel."

"U-uh, bye Nicholas," I stuttered, standing dumbfounded as I watched him march out the class proudly. I gulped.

"Dan, class is over, you know."

I looked over at my teacher who spoke, blushing down towards my feet. "R-right, sorry."

Walking out and shaking my head, I strutted off, and the rest of the day dragged on until the bell rang, dismissing the students from the building. I spotted Nick at his locker and held my backpack close, hurrying towards him.

"D'you just wanna walk home with me?"

"You don't ride with your brother?"

"Nah we don't really get along. Besides, I like walking." Nick flashed a charming grin.

"I mean I usually ride with Phil-"

"Damn right you do," I heard Phil cut in. I jumped at his voice behind me, feeling Phil's arm link around my shoulders. Nick glared at his brother. "Oh hey, Nicholas, didn't see you there."

Nick rolled his eyes. "Anyways," he scoffed at his brother, then looked back at me. "Riding with Phil or walking home with me?"

"I-"

"am riding with me, of course," Phil grinned, cutting me off. I opened my mouth to protest but he dragged me off by my backpack for the second time. Nicholas sighed and shut his locker, walking the other way. As soon as Phil and I were out the door, I shoved him off and slapped his arm.

"Chill with the jealousy, would you? I'm coming over to your house anyway, we aren't gonna fuck in the bushes."

"I don't know that," Phil pouted. "Besides, I like spending time with you."

"You're so cheesy. When I first met you I expected you to be this cocky, careless shithead- actually, scratch that, you are one. But I didn't expect the soft side of you to slip out so easily."

Phil rolled his eyes. "Get in the car, Howell."

"What if I don't want to?" I challenged. He raised an eyebrow.

"You are just very competitive today, huh?"

I giggled, opening the passenger door and sliding myself in. He got in and started up the engine, the two of us beginning to drive off.

"I've never lost a Mario Kart game to anybody, so expect to cry."

✿✿✿✿

"I actually lost Mario Kart," I blinked. Phil and Nick were dying of laughter at my shock, controllers in their hands. "I lost. To the both of you! Seriously, did you hack the game or something? Find a cheat? Playthrough?"

"We're brothers, we play it all the time. Even bet money on it sometimes."

I groaned. "I hate you guys."

Nick and Phil laughed, then suddenly the green-eyed boy lit up.

"I have an idea," Nick began. "How about a game of truth or dare?"

"Hell no," I spat. "That never ends up well at this age."

Phil shot me a smirk before speaking up.

"Howell, truth or dare?"