seven

✿✿✿✿ 

"You're not kicked off forever, so calm down."

"Oh, thank God," Phil exhaled. "And that's saying a lot because I'm not even Christian."

I ran my hand over my face, looking up at Coach Will.

"It's a suspension. You'll be suspended from all games until you two can get your act together. I'm giving you until the beginning of March."

"But that's right before the championships!"

"Exactly. There's no way in hell we'll win if you boys are playing. Get your act together, become friends, go to parties- I don't know. Just learn to be friends. If you two haven't gotten along by the deadline, you'll be permanently off the team."

"Yeah, got it, but one question: how exactly are you supposed to know if we're friends? We could be faking it," I told him.

The coach shrugged. "I'll figure out something. Now get out and go get changed. Take the day off school, I don't care. I'll write you two passes. Just please, for God's sake, like each other."

He shoved us out and shut the door in my face.

"This is all your fault!" I shouted at Phil. He crossed his arms.

"Is not! You're the one that pinned me to the ground!"

"Only because you insulted me!"

"As a joke, you tootsie roll!" He shot back.

"Tootsie roll? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Boys! No foul language in school!" A teacher hissed. Phil and I sighed and began walking back to the locker rooms.

"We're gonna have to get along somehow."

I finished up changing and slammed my locker shut. "We'll fake it."

"But-"

"Fuck off, Lester."

I began to saunter off when I was harshly pulled back by my shirt, stumbling backwards and being pinned to the wall.

"Sassy, huh?" Phil smirked. I gulped.

"Get offa me, shithead."

"Look, do you want a ride or not?" Phil exhaled. I shoved him off, brushing my clothes with my hands.

"Fine."

He quickly got dressed while I waited, my arms crossed and foot tapping against the tile.

We headed out the room and out the building, and I followed the boy to his car. Grumpily, I threw myself in the front seat, slouching as he climbed in and started the engine.

It was quiet for the first few minutes of the drive until Phil spoke up. "Are you seriously gonna ignore me for the rest of the year over a stupid sport?"

I glared, looking over at him. "It's not stupid! That was the only decent thing about school for me!"

"Then find something new to do," he shrugged. I shook my head.

"You don't get it; I don't have anything else. When I was younger, all my dad ever tried to do was get me active. I hated it, or even if I did like it I sucked at it."

"Well-"

"And don't you think for a second this is me opening up to you. I don't trust you, so don't try and pry shit out of me. My personal stuff is my own business."

"Do you think you could trust me?"

"I don't know, do I look a fortune teller, Phil?"

"You called me Phil. . ." he blinked.

My lips formed in a tight line. "Oh well, big deal. Either way this is all your fault."

"My fault? Are you kidding me? Could you stop being a fucking baby and take the blame for once? I saved us back in that bathroom."

"You did anything but save us! You gave me a boner, you twat!"

"It was funny seeing you get all flustered! Is that so bad to like to watch you blush?" Phil snapped.

"Maybe you're obsessed with me but-"

"Woah woah woah, obsessed? At least I like you, asshole."

"Then stop liking me! I'm not even gay!"

Phil raised an eyebrow and I heated over, causing Phil to laugh out loud. I glared at him, punching him the arm. "Not gay, huh? So a straight guy goes on a date with another guy, not to mention the fact that he snuck out for it. A straight guy stares at another guy while changing. A straight guy blushes at everything another guy says, and lastly the straight guy did not push another boy's hand away when it was palming him."

"Yes!" I snarled. Phil rolled his eyes and suddenly pulled over, reaching over and opening my door.

"Alright then, get out."

"What?" I blinked.

"You heard me, out you heterosexual," I frowned and unclipped my seatbelt, stepping out of the car. Phil rolled down the window and snickered. "Find a girlfriend while you're at it."

I opened my mouth to yell at him when he sped off. I frowned, walking over to the sidewalk and crossing my arms, hugging myself from the cold.

My house is miles away, how the hell am I supposed to walk the whole way? It's not like I can call Tyler, hes at school. My parents are at work. My dog sure as hell can't come pick me up. Do I seriously have to walk the whole way home in the freezing cold?

I huffed out an angry breath and stomped down the sidewalk, sliding my hoodie on and sniffling. It had been only a few minutes until I heard the familiar engine roaring next to me and I turned to see Phil's car parking next to me.

He pushed open the door, gesturing for me to get in. I smirked, raising an eyebrow at him. "You just couldn't stay away, could you, Lester?"

"Shut up and get in before I change my mind, Howell."

I let out a small giggle and gladly tossed myself in, instantly warming up from the car heaters. We drove in silence all the way back home and when he finally parked I looked at him.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me as we locked eyes and I flashed him a small smile before quickly leaning in. I left a gentle kiss on his cheek and pulled back away. His cheeks heated over and I laughed.

"Who's blushing now?" I teased. I got out and smiled back at him. "By the way, I'm bisexual. I think. I don't know. Everything's confusing at this point in time."

"Well, byesexual."

I laughed. "Bye, Lester."

And with that, I walked up to my porch, a goofy smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach.