fourteen

back to Dan's point of view

"What are you guys doing here?" Nick glared.

"It was all his idea!" Vic piped in.

"Phil, explain." I glared over at the boy with raven hair. He exhaled.

"You want the truth?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow. "Well. . . My cousin actually works here and-"

"That's a lie, he's actually spying on you to make sure you and Nick don't do anything he wants to do with you," Vic cut him off, looking at me. Nick burst out laughing while I huffed, unimpressed.

"Stalking and lying to your own crush? Nice, Phil, real nice."

"It was just to make sure you, Nick, wouldn't take him away from me!" He protested.

"You can't take away something that wasn't yours in the first place."

"But he is mine!" He snarled.

"If he was yours, he wouldn't have agreed to this date," Nick responded, then turned to me. "Are you with him?"

I blushed, shaking my head. "We've kissed once, but nothing else is happened."

"Unfortunately," Vic coughed into her fist. Phil whacked her in the arm. "Look, let's not fight here- you three can have a threesome outside, yeah?"

"No, you know what, Phil? I'm tired of this. Just let Dan do what he wants. You treat him like a dog on a leash, he's not yours, and that's your own fault. If you're so crazy about him that you'll spy on him at a restaurant, then why don't you just ask him out? Are you afraid of actually letting him in?"

"I'm not afraid, I just didn't know if that's what he wanted," He snapped, stepping closer to his brother.

"Okay so maybe I should pass out," Vic murmured.

"Guys stop-" I begged, but Nick cut me off, shoving Phil back once again.

"What if Dan likes me? You can't have everybody, brother. Even if he does like you, soon he'll get tired of the relationship not going anywhere. Either you ask him out or let him be. You don't own him."

"Our relationship is none of your fucking business, Nicholas."

"Then neither is ours, Philip."

"Oh shit, they used first names," I heard Vic sigh out.

"Excuse me for being worried about him. Quit acting like I'm the bad guy here, you always took everyone from me."

"I didn't take anybody from you. They left you for me. There's a difference. You just weren't good enough."

"That's not true!" He shouted, pushing him back. I watched as Nick crasked into the table behind him, plates crashing onto the ground from the impact.

"Phil-" I stepped forward, but Phil raised his hand out.

"Stay out of this, Dan," He snarled through gritted teeth, Nick standing while I stepped back. Victoria spoke up.

What about Howell? Dan? He never used his first name with me.

"Would you shut up for a second?" Nick groaned to Victoria, but before I could speak up for her, there was a smack, and I watched as Vic's hand left Nicholas's already red cheek.

"Never," she began, and stepped forward. "And I mean never, tell me what to do."

Nick gulped, and I stepped in once again, except this time to put my hand on Nick's shoulder. "Nicholas, let's just go. Please. We've drawn enough attention."