epilogue

tw// slight panicking

✿✿✿✿ 

Today was game day.

This weekend was a mess to say the least, although when Victoria showed up in her pajamas the sadness seemed to fade away.

At the moment, Phil and I were outside practicing on the field with the other players. People were slowly starting to file up on the bleachers, cheerleaders began tossing their pom-poms in the air, and concession items began selling.

I adjusted my jersey, walking over to the bench to drink some water. I heard Tyler cackling and turned to see Troye at his side, giggling with him. I smiled to myself, then jumped at the tap on my shoulder.

Phil grinned once I looked at him. "Wanna practice, Howell?"

I smirked. "You know how that ended up last time."

"Hey, I'll play it safe. Promise," the boy in front of me told me. I sighed, giving up and following him out to the field. He reached his arm back then tossed it, and when I caught it, I froze.

It was flatter than my ass.

I furrowed my eyebrows, turning the soccer ball over in my hand. "Phil, there's no air in th-" I cut myself off when I noticed it was slit in the middle, and I blinked when I noticed a piece of paper in this. I looked up to Phil for an explanation but only saw a smile on his face as he trailed over. "What the hell is this?" I pulled out the sheet of paper and opened it.

Howell,

Roses are red, violets are blue,

My love for you is not new.

Okay, fuck this, I'm bad at poems.

What I'm trying to ask is: will you be my boyfriend?

I stared at the note, my jaw dropping as Phil reached forward and brushed a strand piece of curl from my sweaty hair.

"Too cliché, Dan?"

He giggled, a blush forming on his cheeks and I exhaled, dropping my hands then throwing them around his neck.

I then pressed my lips to his, hearing small whistles and gasps. Phil yelped in surprise but reacted soon after, moulding our mouths together. I pulled away, unable to hide my grin.

"Too cliche, Phil?" I mocked.

"Now that's too cliche."

We chuckled and I put the note in my shorts pocket for good luck, then the referee blew the whistle. I looked up and spotted my parents, waving. Then my eyes set on a certain figure.

The one and only Victoria.

She was covered in face paint and wore our team colors, flailing her arms wildly over at us. Tyler and Troye wandered over and I cleared my throat, flicking my gaze to Vic. They looked over and we all burst out laughing.

"Did your mom buy you that?" Phil called over the noise.

She rolled her eyes, flashing us the middle finger before laughing softly and sitting down.

"Welcome students, parents and relatives to the last socccer game of the season! We appreciate your coming. Concession stands are located on either side of you and bathrooms are through the back door. Now, since it is our last game, feel free to yell and scream as much as you want!"

I let out a breath, watching Tyler leave a quick peck on Troye's lips before the curly-haired brunette skipped back to the bleachers and next to Victoria. Tyler looked over at me.