Chapter Three*

Althea Williams POV

A few days later, and I found myself stepping off of my grandparent's private jet. The air was warm and sticky as it was in the middle of June, and the smell of the woods made me feel like I was home.

Alteya - my wolf, was howling inside of my head, yapping about the fresh smell of woods. She was dying to get out and have a long run with our family, and frankly I couldn't wait either. But not only was she thinking about running, but also seeing our mate again. There was no doubt in our minds that we wouldn't see him again, seeing as he was our mate. Fate would try it's hardest to bring us back together again.

The worst thing about moving back would be going to school. The same school that I used to get bullied in, but I knew it would be different now. I wouldn't be bullied, instead I would be feared. Once they find out what I was, and what I was capable of doing, they would regret ever bullying me.

Trent had constantly promised me that coming back home will be a good decision, that I won't regret it. And I believed him, maybe getting a change of scenery would be better for me.

As expected, my fathers Beta, as well as my uncle, was waiting besides a black Range Rover, a smile plastered on Uncle Dean's face. As soon as he saw us, he greeted us with open arms. The hug lasted for no longer then a minute, pleasantries were later talked about in the car.

Mom was quiet as she typed away on her iPhone, most likely being updated about the status' of the hybrid school I attended. She was (unfortunately) the headmistress at the hybrid school in Boston. She acquired this position because she was the daughter of 'royalty'. My grandparents were regarded as the King and Queen of the hybrids, although they had no blood relations or evidence to being related to the Moon Goddess.

In the eyes of the public, I was a Princess. I didn't often refer to myself as such, but was often referred to the term by other people. It was deemed respectful, but I believed it was a load of bullshit. By no means did I act like one.

Before I had moved from Big Sur, I didn't often see my grandparents. Maybe every few years on a birthday or celebration. Now I saw them almost every day. I attended conferences with Trent, since we were both in line to receive the 'throne'. Although it was most likely to go to Trent and his mate, since he was the oldest and most experienced, I was still a candidate. And therefore had to undergo the stupid trainings.

"Mom, how are Grandma and Grandpa coping?" I asked as she put her phone away.

"I haven't seen them since last week at the ball. But they say they're doing good, there hasn't been anymore rogue appearances for the past few days." Mom replied.

'Thea, we're home.' Alteya yelped happily as we pulled up to the familiar pack house. Everything was the exact same as I remembered it - children were running around out the back, booming laughter could be heard. The same old smell of the woods that I missed. The pack house was located deep into the forest, the pack village being a few miles away, but could still be seen from where we were standing.

Living in Boston without the woods was more difficult than I expected - Alteya and I missed the fresh smell, the dirt under our feet so much. But the school I attended was located a fair way out of Boston and the woods surrounded it. Knowing now that I would be able to run whenever I wanted to was amazing, and I couldn't wait.

Growing up, my family and I lived in the pack house. It was odd to many other Alphas and Luna's, as they had their own home. But it has been a tradition through generations that the Alpha's family lived within the pack house - to connect with their pack members, to make sure there was no wrong doings within our pack.