Chapter Five*

Althea Williams POV

Jaymon ran at me with a inhuman speed equivalent to vampiric speed. Luckily I was faster than him, otherwise I'd be knocked down on the ground.

I grabbed his neck, and slammed him down to the ground and pressed my foot to his chest. With my foot pressed against his chest, I swiftly landed a few punches to his face and stomach. I felt the satisfying crack under my hand as it made contact with his nose, making it bleed a few seconds later. Unexpectedly he kicked me in the stomach, making my fly backwards and land on the ground. I wheezed as the breath was knocked out of me.

He ran over to me, grabbing my throat and cutting off my airway. I decided to play dirty and use his desire's against him. Running my hands down his chest seductively, then up to his throat and back to his chest. Using my strength, I pushed him away and watched as he flew through the air and landed in the dirt. I ran over to him and pushed him up against the tree, growling in his face as I did so.

"If you ever hurt or threaten my family again, I will slowly torture you until you're begging at my feet," I said to Jaymon with a sadistic smile. "You're going to wish you never met me."

"I want to know something first, princess." Jaymon wheezed with a smirk.

"What?" I spat as I tightened my hold against his neck.

"The guy over there, that's Dante isn't it?" When I didn't reply, he took my silence as a yes. "He surely does look like Jake. You obviously have a type."

"Don't speak about him." I growled out as I kneed him in the stomach. Jaymon wheezed out and spluttered.

"Who? Your mate, or your real mate?" He questioned. "Because we all know Jake was as much as your soul mate as Dante is."

My creatures were growling and hissing at the disrespect he was showing us, Jake and Dante. They wanted control, and if Jaymon valued his life he wouldn't say another word about the two of them.

"Shut the fuck up." I screamed as I slammed his head into the tree trunk repeatedly. He moaned and groaned each time.

"Tell me, would you rather Dante or Jake?"

He obviously didn't value his life.

"I said, SHUT THE FUCK UP." I screeched at him. And suddenly, it was as if I was pushed to the back of my mind as my creatures struggled to gain control. I could only imagine that my eyes were flicking between bright blue, red and gold.

"Give Althea control back now." Trent warned my creatures. I looked at him in the corner of my eye, his jaw and fists were clenched and eyes were blazing with anger.

"Don't disrespect us brother." I growled out lowly. I focused my attention back on Jaymon who was cursing and struggling in my tight hold.

"Althea, you need to calm down." Mom muttered softly. I growled at her in anger.

"Trent, get Jaymon and place him in the dungeons." At this, his little friends grew angry and started to attack. Our fighters were too good and had them on the ground in seconds.

"Dante, please go and calm her down." Trent asked politely but with a small glare. Dante took small, cautious steps towards me. His head was bowed in submission. I knew that this was hurting his ego as an Alpha.

"We're not going to hurt you." My creatures muttered to him softly. He smiled towards us, making Alteya howl.

"Please give Althea back control." Dante asked softly. We thought about if for a few seconds, before nodding our heads.

It felt as if I was suddenly pushed back into my body, gaining control of my emotions. I tightened my hold on Jaymon before hitting him in the temple with my hand, knocking him out immediately.

Trent rushed over with a few other fighters, carrying the limp body to our cellars that were located a few miles away from our pack house.

Looking over at Anna, she was being looked after by the pack doctor. He pressed a white towel to her bite wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Pack doctor, let me help her." I said to him as I walked in his direction. He turned his head and stared at me for a while, nodding his head in confirmation.

"Anna, you're going to have to drink my blood," I whispered as I knelt down next to her. "I know by the sour look on your face that you don't like the idea, but you have to heal. So please, let me help you."

Anna nodded her head in my direction. Without a moments hesitation, I bit the inside of my wrist and watched as small droplets of blood flowed from the two indents. Lifting my wrist up to Anna, I practically forced the blood to go down her throat.

Holding her head tightly, I continued to press my wrist to her mouth. After a few minutes, her wound started to heal and I was satisfied that she would be okay.

"Come on, let's get you to bed. You're going to be really tired tomorrow." I said as I lifted her up in my arms, then passed her to Dad. He smiled at me and gently said goodnight before retreating with Anna and Mom to the safety of the pack house.

~*~

Sitting on my bed with Dante, who was awkwardly fidgeting with his fingers, I took a deep breath and decided to break the silence.

"I know that I don't owe you an explanation," I started. Dante stared at me with an incredulous look - eyes wide and mouth opened, which immediately made me think about what I was going to say next.

"You don't owe me an explanation?" Dante muttered. "That rogue wanted to kill you and for no apparent reason. You lost control of yourself, Althea. I have every right to know what the fuck just happened."

"Dante you have to understand..." I started but he cut me off, again.

"Understand what? That you don't believe I deserve an explanation because I rejected you as my mate?" He took a deep breath before whispering "I heard what that rogue said, Althea. I heard him antagonising you about 'Jake.' That he was more of a soulmate to you, then I was." I stayed quiet and assessed his words.

"You don't know how much it killed me when the rogue said that. To...to know that you were with another man who could've possibly been your replacement mate," Dante took a shuddering, uneven breath in. Almost as if he was about to cry. "I've regretted rejecting you for the past two years, Thea."

"And you weren't with other women?" I snapped angrily. He was being a hypocritical asshole.

"I was for a few months after I rejected you, but after that I gave up. My wolf and I were no longer satisfied with somebody who wasn't our mate."

A seconds past. And those seconds turned into minutes until I once again, broke the silence.

"Jake was my boyfriend. He was kidnapped four months ago." I stated quietly.

"Do you love him?" Came Dante's reply. I took a few moments to think over my reply. The question itself had me stop, wondering if I still did.

"I wouldn't be here if I did."