Chapter Six*

Althea Williams POV

I sat at the kitchen counter the next day, shoving coco pops into my wide mouth. My hair was a mess, my pyjamas - more like jumper and sweatpants, were crinkled from my constant twisting and turning last night.

Dante asked me if I still loved Jake. And my answer was I wouldn't be here if I did.

I felt horrible, trying to tell myself that I was lying. That I still loved Jake with everything I had. But I knew that I couldn't dwell on the past for so long, that eventually I would move on. But the thought of not having Jake in my life was sickening.

After believing for so long that Jake would be my forever, and now realising that he wouldn't be, was extremely difficult to grasp.

And that was why I lost all of my sleep over Jake. Wondering if I truly don't love him anymore, or if it was just me getting used to the fact that he wasn't here anymore.

~*~

The next few hours I spent locked up inside my room, re organising my clothes and furniture. My clothes and shoes were now all packed away into my closet, some of my favourite photos hung in my room. My makeup was in the vanity underneath my mirror in the bathroom.

I was now settled in my room.

I jumped onto my king size bed, staring up at the ceiling. Placed next to my bed was my nightstand which had a lamp and a photo frame. Moments ago, I placed a picture of Liz, Jake and I. We were smiling at the camera, Jake's arms wrapped around the both of us. It was one of the photos I cherished the most.

I stared at the photo with a frown on my face.

Snapping me out of my daze, I heard two knocks on my bedroom door. Putting the picture back in it's place, I yelled for the person on the other side to come in. In walked Mom and Trent, wearing big smiles. But as soon as they saw the sour look on my face, Mom rushed over and sat beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Trent soon followed, instead he kneeled down in front of me, staring up at me with a worried look.

"What's wrong, my baby?" Mom asked softly. I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Is it wrong of me to even consider moving on from Jake?" I asked quietly. Trent sighed and held my hand tightly, soon rubbing soothing circles onto it.

"Oh Thea, of course it's not. You've got every right to move on and be happy again, Jake would understand that if he was here. What's happened, love?" Mom comforted me. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Dante Harris asked me if I still loved Jake last night, and I said I wouldn't be here if I did," I paused, ready to let my feelings out. "Mom, I feel horrible. Jake used to be my everything and forever, and all of a sudden he's not."

Tears entered my eyes, one traitorous tear trailing down my cheek. Trent lifted his hand and gently wiped the tear away.

"You can't control what you feel baby, but you can control what you do about those feelings," Mom said with a sad smile. "I know that Dante hurt you, and you're scared to let him in again. But give him a chance, get to know him more. He cares about you, Thea." I sniffled at her wise words.

"Don't let the past hold you down, sis." Trent said to me, then pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Your grandmother used to tell me, that it doesn't matter who hurt you, or broke you down. What matters is who made you smile again."

~*~

After my conversation with Mom and Trent, I took the information on board. Deciding that it would be best, I invited Dante over to the pack house. What we would do, I wasn't too sure about. But I wanted to know him better, understand who he is.

He came around in the afternoon, bringing some snacks (after I demanded them.) We sat ourselves and a few other werewolf teens, in the movie theatre. We had no say in what movie it was, so when Harry Potter's introduction sounded through the speakers, I almost started jumping for joy.

"I'm guessing you like this movie?" Dante asked as he referred to the fourth movie in the series, The Goblet of Fire.

"I would say love." I replied, sending a smile in his direction.

"Have you read all the books?" He asked, making small talk.

"All of them, twice. And I've watched all the movies so much I remember some of the lines off by heart," I chuckled. "It's a little creepy at times."

"So whats the general plot of the series?" Dante asked, obviously he's never watched the movies. I rolled my eyes, making a mental note to make him watch all eight movies.

"Okay, I'm going to say this in the simplest form; Harry Potter is a wizard and his enemy is Lord Voldemort. When Harry was a baby, Voldemort killed Harry's parents and tried to kill him with one of the unforgivable curses," I paused, creating suspense. "But he obviously survived."

"Is that it?" Dante asked with an incredulous look.

"Oh god, I wish. There is so much more information that you're going to need to know to understand what's going on. Lucky for you, there's a Harry Potter expert sitting next to you." I winked at him, causing him to laugh.

Throughout half of the movie, Dante continued to ask questions about 'what the fuck is going on'. Most of the time, I gave him a quick answer. Example; good guy, bad guy, hot guy (Cedric Diggory). It was pretty funny with how frustrated Dante ended up getting, and soon gave up with asking me any questions.

And of course when we were up to the good bit where Voldemort was being risen, Trent stormed into the theatre and gestured for me to follow him outside.

"Keep watching, I'll be back in a few."

Dante just nodded his head, eyes focused on the screen.

Following Trent into the hallway, I noticed how tense he was. Before I could utter a word, Trent turned around and faced me.

"I got some information out of Jaymon." Trent whispered quietly to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The group of rogues that kidnapped Jake away ordered Jaymon to kidnap Anna," Trent took in a calming breath. "Whoever they are, they're after you. Jaymon told us they're ruthless, and wouldn't hesitate killing anybody to get to you."

"Well, fuck, we're screwed."

"They know you will do anything to save the people you love. They're going to use that against you, Thea." Trent replied with a scowl.

"This changes everything." I whispered.

"What's the plan?" Trent asked.

"We need to train all the wolves over the age of fifteen. They're going to need to know how to protect themselves against a hybrid. We also need more hybrids, we won't stand a chance if we don't have the hybrids." I muttered. Trent nodded his head eagerly, agreeing with me.

"Send a message to the Alpha's surrounding us that there is going to be a meeting at seven pm tonight. Tell them it's urgent" I ordered. Trent nodded his head before scurrying off, probably to find Dad and Mom and alert them.

Walking back into the theatre, all that I could think about was that my family would be in danger because of me.

A;N/

Twitter: erato_

Snapchat: erato1389

Instagram: erato1389