Chapter Fourteen*

Althea Williams POV

Jake and I were on good terms now. After our discussion, he left me for ten minutes or so and returned with a pile of movies and junk food. He wanted to have a movie marathon, and I obliged.

There wasn't any awkward tension, despite our earlier conversation. And that night, I went to sleep with a smile on my face. I was proud of myself for expressing my feelings and thoughts to Jake in a honest manor, but I couldn't help but feel slightly heartbroken.

There's nothing worse then being loved by somebody whom I didn't love back. To know I was potentially breaking a heart was enough for mine to break slightly.

It was monday now, and we had gone to school like normal. I protested, claiming I should stay home with Trent and Jake to discuss battle plans and tonights training, but Trent was quick to remind me that I suggested that we should still go to school. That it would be hypocritical for me not to.

And now here I was - dressed in my black training gear with my family and Jake standing next to me. I stared at all the people in front of me, there was at least seven hundred here. I was both impressed and happy with the numbers that the three packs provided.

Dad started off with a few words, followed by Trent before he gestured towards me.

"I would just like to start off by saying thankyou to everyone who's willing to risk their lives to fight in this battle," I paused, looking them all in the eye. "It's a very brave thing for you all do to and you'll be rewarded for your actions. But as I warning, my father, Trent, Jake and I will be running these trainings. And we expect you all to listen to us, no matter what your rank is."

"The highest rank wolves will have a say in the trainings, so you may approach them if you wish." Trent stated.

"Jake and I are going to be starting this training off with a small demonstration of a hybrid fight. Please watch carefully and make mental notes." I declared, watching as the two Alpha's nodded in agreement.

I watched as Jake made his towards me with a smirk on his face. No doubt in my mind he was excited to have a chance to kick my ass.

Before I know it, Jake is sprinting towards me. I swiftly dodge his attack, laughing at his attempt. Next thing I know I'm flying through the air from Jakes push.

I swiftly land on my feet, in a defensive crouch. I narrow my blue eyes at Jake, before running at him full speed. I swipe my leg out, making him tumble to the ground, I smirk as he kicks up some dust and splutters.

Jake grips my ankle, and throws me up in the air. While I'm twenty feet of the ground, Jake jumps and pushes me to the ground. I feel myself land on my back, groaning and breathing heavily.

I get down in another defensive crouch, waiting for Jake to make his next move. We circled each other for a few minutes, I become impatient and jump over Jakes head in a second - definitely a risky move - and I face the back of his head before I turn him around and punch him in the throat. I lift my knee and force it into his ribs before swiping his legs out from under him.

I smile happily as I watch Jake submit, showing me his neck. I reach down, grab his arm and haul him off the ground. I push the hair out of my face before facing everyone.

"That was only the beginning of a fight. Hybrid fights are a lot more animalistic and dangerous. It gets very rough and dirty." I said loudly to the crowd.

"When you go into the change, everything is enhanced. Especially you're feelings. When you're fighting, an easy way to get to them is to taunt. Get them pissed off and let there rage blind them. Usually when we get really angry, we make irrational decisions - like I just demonstrated - and most of the time that's what kills us." I said. I saw people nod their head in understanding.